Hello (from the UK)

Clarkii82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello out there to all my new reefing family.

I've arrived here from a recommendation on Reddit so I look forward to learning from you all.

Bit of background on my fish keeping:

- during my younger years - I had your classic 80s fish bowl with goldfish, no filtration, weekly water changes etc. Eventually moved up to a larger tank probably no more than 30L and have an extra goldfish or two.
- teenage years - I graduated to tropical freshwater fish (100L) tank. Proper old school tank from the early 90s, rectangular tank, no lid, no drilled holes for plumbing, no sump, all glass. Mostly kept guppies with the odd other fish.
- early 20s - no fish keeping for multiple reasons :(
- late 20s - after finally finding my own place to live, I got my first nano 23L tank (Fluvel Edge). Tropical set up to reignite my love for fish keeping.
- early 30s - after buying my first house, I get my old 100L tank back and try to scale up my interest again. Guppies again (of course), but also Shrimp and really learning an expensive lesson on not keeping small fish with shrimp.
- now (late 30s) - moved house and decided not to set up the 100L tank. It's now sat in the garage along with a 15L nano tank I somehow came to own. My 23L Fluval has however been lost forever. But I have gained a 200L Aqua One cube tank that has started my passion to learn more about Reefing. And that's why I'm here.

My reef tank has been up and running for three years, with more expensive lessons learned. Many fish have come and gone, and I'm pretty certain it's through a combination of poor water management and a dominant Clarkii clownfish that I don't know what to do with.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed. Also from uk.
You can get the UK banner here: Click “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've arrived here from a recommendation on Reddit so I look forward to learning from you all.

- during my younger years - I had your classic 80s fish bowl with goldfish, no filtration, weekly water changes etc. Eventually moved up to a larger tank probably no more than 30L and have an extra goldfish or two.
- teenage years - I graduated to tropical freshwater fish (100L) tank. Proper old school tank from the early 90s, rectangular tank, no lid, no drilled holes for plumbing, no sump, all glass. Mostly kept guppies with the odd other fish.
- late 20s - after finally finding my own place to live, I got my first nano 23L tank (Fluvel Edge). Tropical set up to reignite my love for fish keeping.
- early 30s - after buying my first house, I get my old 100L tank back and try to scale up my interest again. Guppies again (of course), but also Shrimp and really learning an expensive lesson on not keeping small fish with shrimp.
- now (late 30s) - moved house and decided not to set up the 100L tank. It's now sat in the garage along with a 15L nano tank I somehow came to own. My 23L Fluval has however been lost forever. But I have gained a 200L Aqua One cube tank that has started my passion to learn more about Reefing. And that's why I'm here.

My reef tank has been up and running for three years, with more expensive lessons learned. Many fish have come and gone, and I'm pretty certain it's through a combination of poor water management and a dominant Clarkii clownfish that I don't know what to do with.
Welcome! Hope to see your progress. We love pictures here!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome!

Glad you joined.

Sorry for your losses along the way (happens to all) but sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability - which is very helpful in this hobby.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back