Hello. I was born just yesterday.

Welcome.

black ish appearance GIF
 
I've tried h2o and vibrant.
I guess we all tried H2O combined with some salt, and that's what got us here ;)

Now with H2O2 I don't have any experience, and the Vibrant is a rebranded algaecide, there's a huge thread about this here.
As for advice: I would steer clear of the bottled stuff, and try manual removal combined with a larger cleanup crew.
Good luck with your aquarium!
 
Those were my reset pre sets... heh... but I remember many moons ago...now... that I used reef Flux and it worked on a tank. Ty ty hmm but that tank had red one inch algae with strands and little y s at the end. Ima dabble I spo se and ty ty
 
welcome and yes indeed most of us have been where you are

rarely, but occasionally I would recommend a rugged nudibranch such as a donebella if you can get your mits on one - while you work on lighting spectrum nutrients, perhaps Microbacter like supplements etc
 
Welcome! The first step to identifying troublesome algaes is to get it under a microscope. Either borrow one from a friend or your kids science class, or you can get one that'll do the job for around $40-50 on amazon. Without a proper id it can be difficult to treat. Also what are your nitrates and phosphates at?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new