Hello, I'm New to R2R

Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!
Welcome.gif
 
Hey Everyone I'm Fishin!

and I'm new to R2R....Ok, kind of..... lol. I've been lurking for some time, as I continued to work on my first tank(s) over the last year. So long story short, it was decided that I should start up a reef tank cause Corals and marine tanks are the way to go in Florida, especially if you live on the coast... well I thought I had it all in the bag since I had done freshwater, (Cichlids, like Discus, Bettas, bred and raised, and planted tanks) for pretty much half my life, well that really tanked!

But since starting up these two tanks, 20 and 15, it has been an adventure. Even though this may be one of my first posts, you guys have been there since literally day one! I would search a question and find all the answers I needed! And that says a lot! So a very much delayed thank you!

I decided to finally post as I really appreciate all that's been helped with, and also because of a great recent in person meetup with a fellow R2R member, which really speaks volumes for how great this community is. I'll hopefully get a build thread going soon.

Thanks again! and hey...

KEEP FISHIN!

Welcome! Glad you joined. I agree there is TONS of knowledge on this site!

Excited you are already considering starting your build thread! I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Treasure Coast (FL):
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new