Hello! Looking at getting into reefing!

AlexR9364

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
UK based beginner looking at getting into the Marine Reef Aquarium hobby!
At the moment most of it is spent doing my research on fish, marine/reef habitats and how I might start to get my feet wet.
I live in shared accommodation and at the moment I think 130L/30 gal is about as big as I can go, particularly as I won't have room to set up RO/DI units on a permanent basis.
Any tips, hints and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Happy reefing!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
At the moment most of it is spent doing my research on fish, marine/reef habitats and how I might start to get my feet wet.
I live in shared accommodation and at the moment I think 130L/30 gal is about as big as I can go, particularly as I won't have room to set up RO/DI units on a permanent basis.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you are already doing research, so you've got my #1 suggestion already - YOU ROCK!!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started while in planning stage, right where it sounds like you are at this time. Instead, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Alex. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to da club
lots of nice neat all in one tanks with integrated stands to choose from that would not intrude on your roommates

Go slow and steady, Strat a build thread, and you will get plenty opinions, detailed support, and encouragement

100.gif

Current Tides

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
stick with it if you have interest in it. this is a very demanding hobby, but far more rewarding in my opinion. if your only concern is where to put the RODI units, they have faucet adapters you can easily connect to under your sink. start small dont rush, fishkeeping, and moreso coralkeeping are fairly delicate practices, so dont start a riot by overpopulating ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back