Hello Reef2Reef!

justinquigley9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I had previously gotten into reefing a few years ago when I owned a Fluval Evo 13.5 Gallon tank! I had to dismantle it due to finances, school, etc. I'm getting a 32 gallon Biocube for free from a friend and am looking to get back into reefing but I am looking for all the knowledge I can obtain prior to setting it up. I don't want to make the same mistakes I made with the Fluval. If anyone has any input about lighting upgrades, filter modifications, and any other modifications for the Biocube I would appreciate it! I've seen a few videos about modifying the filtration with a roller-mat filter and making the second half of the compartment a refugium, but theres also people who recommend media reactors. Again, any and all input would be appreciated!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
J

justinquigley9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I had previously gotten into reefing a few years ago when I owned a Fluval Evo 13.5 Gallon tank! I had to dismantle it due to finances, school, etc. I'm getting a 32 gallon Biocube for free from a friend and am looking to get back into reefing but I am looking for all the knowledge I can obtain prior to setting it up. I don't want to make the same mistakes I made with the Fluval. If anyone has any input about lighting upgrades, filter modifications, and any other modifications for the Biocube I would appreciate it! I've seen a few videos about modifying the filtration with a roller-mat filter and making the second half of the compartment a refugium, but theres also people who recommend media reactors. Again, any and all input would be appreciated!!
#reefsquad

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome back to the hobby and to R2R! 1 of my tanks is a 32 biocube. I don't use the piece that came with it to put in media, filtration etc. I bought a roll of filter floss and cut sizes to fit on top of the first carbon filter. Below in the chamber I have Chemo pure in front of the water discharge area. I also placed in shells and other media that I figured the pods would have a chance to live and produce. A have another piece of filtration that stays on the right side that can hold bacteria and anything else. My 32 is thriving! Hope you have as good of luck but remember to be patient!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back