Hello There!!

collins.jason.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Been lurking around the pages for awhile, reading and absorbing your info. Started a year ago into the salty side of fish keeping with a Red Sea Max E 260 the aio version without the sump upgrade nothing flashy or fancy just some fish and a few weeds (xenia, gsp, waving hand anthelia). After a few months I wish I had gone with the sump option for more volume and better stability.

Fast forward a year later and with the wife's encouragement I just received my new Waterbox Reef 180.5 two weeks ago and it's impressive. Got it up on the stand this weekend and I'll be plumbing in the sump and leak testing soon. I told myself I would take it slow and get it right from the jump on this one. I've gotten some great insight from these pages thus far and feel I'm on the path to a great set up.

So I just wanted to say hello, and will post some updates as the tank progresses. Going to Vegas for a work trip first week in February, so I'm sure by then there won't be much done except for plumbing the sump and starting on my rock work.

Thanks for all the info on these pages!

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Can't wait to follow along!

good bye hello GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Been lurking around the pages for awhile, reading and absorbing your info. Started a year ago into the salty side of fish keeping with a Red Sea Max E 260 the aio version without the sump upgrade nothing flashy or fancy just some fish and a few weeds (xenia, gsp, waving hand anthelia). After a few months I wish I had gone with the sump option for more volume and better stability.

Fast forward a year later and with the wife's encouragement I just received my new Waterbox Reef 180.5 two weeks ago and it's impressive. Got it up on the stand this weekend and I'll be plumbing in the sump and leak testing soon. I told myself I would take it slow and get it right from the jump on this one. I've gotten some great insight from these pages thus far and feel I'm on the path to a great set up.

So I just wanted to say hello, and will post some updates as the tank progresses. Going to Vegas for a work trip first week in February, so I'm sure by then there won't be much done except for plumbing the sump and starting on my rock work.

Thanks for all the info on these pages!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Congrats on new tank!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Kokomo:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back