Hello

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Montréal,

I’m new to the saltwater hobby and I feel quite bad for not presenting my tank the first day I made my account on R2R. This is my first saltwater tank. It’s been up and running since the 8th of August 2023, which means it’s only 5 months old. I currently have 2 clown fish that I named Halloween and Pumpkin and they’re feisty fish. Yeah, I have a green hair algae problem at the moment, but it hasn’t worsen over the past few weeks. It’s only on the back and front glass (not much on the sides of the glass though). I’ve put my canister filters in bucket ever since that 2 days power outage in April 2023 that siphoned half of my 30 gallon freshwater tank on the floor.

Parameters are great and I have a few pests that I need to deal with (vermitids, asterinas and aiptaisia). I already pulled out some of the hair algae from the front glass, but can’t do it all because bristleworms are in a few patches of it. I apologize in advance if I make mistakes as English is not my native language.

I do plan on stocking this tank a bit more as this looks very empty. The light on this photo wasn’t turned on blue mode but on the white mode and my phone couldn’t pick that up.

C50E9043-4A53-4065-AC08-68C840D4C5F8.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back