hello!

miltownmommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ashley I posted in new member.....I am a saltwater addict currently lol It is very relaxing and almost like a virtual video game to me.....i love the fish and corals and i get excited every time for every little thing that grows and moves. Been a dream to set up a salt tank for a long time & I finally did! been in a few months and i think im doing very well!

I am a home body .......I love church, family, and my fish lol. I have a million questions but wont bombard you too much....

I have been learning the best way (hands on) lol. If I could go back I would not have got a dottyback untill my tank was done being stock lol let me tell u this is my A D H D child from hell that I have to continually correct and keep tabs on GRRR IDK what to do bc I cant catch him for the life of me & he is a jerk ..And I would have started bigger......From much educating the bigger the easier. sighh

Blake11rebel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that its really relaxing to sit back and watch my tank! its my fav thing to do. lol sorry the dottyback is giving you so much trouble. I wouldve started a bigger tank 2 :tongue: Happy reefing and welcome to R2R

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Ashley and welcome to r2r, it is definitly neat to watch the things that go on in our tanks. As for questions ask away and don't be shy. Look foward to seeing a picture of your tank.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! If you want to catch your dottyback, your best bet is probably to build a trap. If you cut the top of a plastic bottle off and invert it, you can build a simple trap. Bait it with food and sit back and watch. Here's a video I found on Youtube to show you what I mean.
[video=youtube_share;2gKizvpGKPk]http://youtu.be/2gKizvpGKPk[/video]
I've never found the glue necessary, and you'll probably be able to get away with a 20 oz. bottle instead of a 2L, but you get the idea. Happy fishing!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We're glad to have you and since you are at home then we expect to see you post a lot! LOL!

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ither cath him by trap or a hook I recently hooked several fish out of my tank for different reasons some beings bully or others being too big fr my tank. That hook is easy and quick you put some music on there and throw the hook in once he bites you pull the hook out the fish with most times they come right off if not grab the fish and do it with your hands. I have had no issues doing it this way and found it to be the easiest way for me gl

OP
OP
miltownmommy

miltownmommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ither cath him by trap or a hook I recently hooked several fish out of my tank for different reasons some beings bully or others being too big fr my tank. That hook is easy and quick you put some music on there and throw the hook in once he bites you pull the hook out the fish with most times they come right off if not grab the fish and do it with your hands. I have had no issues doing it this way and found it to be the easiest way for me gl

wont that hurt the fish?

OP
OP
miltownmommy

miltownmommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! If you want to catch your dottyback, your best bet is probably to build a trap. If you cut the top of a plastic bottle off and invert it, you can build a simple trap. Bait it with food and sit back and watch. Here's a video I found on Youtube to show you what I mean.
[video=youtube_share;2gKizvpGKPk]http://youtu.be/2gKizvpGKPk[/video]
I've never found the glue necessary, and you'll probably be able to get away with a 20 oz. bottle instead of a 2L, but you get the idea. Happy fishing!

I actually did that a while ago and i get the wrong fish lol then the dotty thinks its funny to attck the bottle from the outside

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read of other people using the hook method to get fish from their tank, the barbs are cut off of the end of the hook to keep it from injuring the fish.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read of other people using the hook method to get fish from their tank, the barbs are cut off of the end of the hook to keep it from injuring the fish.
Thanks that was gonna be my response I use a size 16 hook it's very small quick and painless

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back