Hello!

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Glad to hear things are going well so far!

20230123_222953.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my My name is Matt. My wife and I and just set up a new salt water tank. We had a 55 gallon reef tank years and years ago, but weren't very successful at it. We are ready to try to enjoy this beautiful hobby again. We recently purchased a Coralife Biocube 32 with stand. A fairly local fish store (Aquatic Critter) helped us get started. We put in 20lbs of live rock, live sand, and purchased premixed water from the store. After getting the temp stable (per their suggestion) we put in 2 occilaris clowns. We have had the clowns in the tank for a week and the nitrite and nitrate levels are good and the clowns seem to doing well. They are swimming, eating and pooping. . We weren't told to add any bacteria to the tank, just add the two clowns. Hopefully all goes well. We love it so far and of course are very anxious to eventually add some corals. Patience. Lol. Thank you for allowing us to join the forum and we look forward to learning how to keep a tank successfully this time. :)

Hi Matt and Wife! Welcome! Lisa and Mike here. Glad you joined. Back in the day starting with clowns for cycle was what we did (or pee in our own tanks...) It sounds like you are off to a good start. Things are better than they used to be. Patience is the magic in this hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
newbereefer

newbereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Matt and Wife! Welcome! Lisa and Mike here. Glad you joined. Back in the day starting with clowns for cycle was what we did (or pee in our own tanks...) It sounds like you are off to a good start. Things are better than they used to be. Patience is the magic in this hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank you for the info, we will have to look into local clubs and also check out the links. We are excited about our new tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back