Hello

Luskliz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for letting me join. My name is Liz and I am from SoCal. I have 2 tanks. My first is a 75 gal fresh water and my second is a 32 salt water bio cube. They are a challenge! My fresh water tank has taken off. The live plays are taking over , which is good I think. I have 8 Glows, 4 Angels, 2 Algae eaters, 2 Coris, and 1 snail eater. Lol. My salt water has 2 Clowns. 1 passive fish(?), and a cleaner shrimp. Oh and it has tons of algae. HELP wanted. I have tried tons of stuff recommended from the fish store.
image.jpg

image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Snowxcross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for letting me join. My name is Liz and I am from SoCal. I have 2 tanks. My first is a 75 gal fresh water and my second is a 32 salt water bio cube. They are a challenge! My fresh water tank has taken off. The live plays are taking over , which is good I think. I have 8 Glows, 4 Angels, 2 Algae eaters, 2 Coris, and 1 snail eater. Lol. My salt water has 2 Clowns. 1 passive fish(?), and a cleaner shrimp. Oh and it has tons of algae. HELP wanted. I have tried tons of stuff recommended from the fish store.
image.jpg

image.jpg
Hi, welcome! Can you start by posting your parameters for us (Alk, Ca, Mg - Phosphate and Nitrate). How long has your saltwater tank been up and running, what's your light schedule and mechanical filtration look like ?

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

image.jpg
Very cool! Welcome to Reef 2 Reef! We are glad to have you! I also came from FW and love both!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

image.jpg
Hi Liz and welcome to r2r
Looks like you’re off to a wonderful start but to address the algae in the salt ….

first , are you using rodi water or tap from the faucet ?
have you tested water chemistry and if so can you provide us with results ?
What kit are you using ?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back