Help clown goby bumps on body

So.. to throw another factor into this. It’s been reported that there was a stink bug floating in tank for 24hrs ish prior to bumps on goby
Not related , this has happened to my tank with no affect….

This also does not appear to be lmphocystis.

I see two lesions - the large razed area on the fish’s back/right side and then the raised spots on the body and fins.

Most likely bacterial, but there is no way to rule out microsporidian xenomas (but ignore those as there is no treatment for that).

I would like to note that I’ve been fooled with little clown gobies before - showing spots like this that ended up being ich.

Jay
 
Not related , this has happened to my tank with no affect….

This also does not appear to be lmphocystis.

I see two lesions - the large razed area on the fish’s back/right side and then the raised spots on the body and fins.

Most likely bacterial, but there is no way to rule out microsporidian xenomas (but ignore those as there is no treatment for that).

I would like to note that I’ve been fooled with little clown gobies before - showing spots like this that ended up being ich.

Jay

thank you!
 
Not related , this has happened to my tank with no affect….

This also does not appear to be lmphocystis.

I see two lesions - the large razed area on the fish’s back/right side and then the raised spots on the body and fins.

Most likely bacterial, but there is no way to rule out microsporidian xenomas (but ignore those as there is no treatment for that).

I would like to note that I’ve been fooled with little clown gobies before - showing spots like this that ended up being ich.

Jay
You always have something up your sleeve. If you had a fish like this - would you try to look at one of the cysts under the microscope - or would you empirically treat with antibiotics - just watch parameters and wait?
 
You always have something up your sleeve. If you had a fish like this - would you try to look at one of the cysts under the microscope - or would you empirically treat with antibiotics - just watch parameters and wait?

I would do a skin scrape and look at it under a microscope, but most home aquarists don't have that option....and then, a skin scrape may not show what the problem is (but it CAN rule out what it isn't).

Jay
 
No, don’t have any gear to take it any further.
In the future will be using quarantine. Didn’t do it this time because it was gonna be only fish in tank and got it from a good store.
 
No, don’t have any gear to take it any further.
In the future will be using quarantine. Didn’t do it this time because it was gonna be only fish in tank and got it from a good store.
Hopefully we helped a little :). It is really unclear (to me) - exactly what it was. But sorry you weren't successful
 
No, don’t have any gear to take it any further.
In the future will be using quarantine. Didn’t do it this time because it was gonna be only fish in tank and got it from a good store.
FYI - just to be safe - I might not add more fish to that tank for 76 days
your filter should be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new