HELP! Fish in DANGER!

  • Thread starter Thread starter swimfest
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

swimfest

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Location
San Ramon, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 7 inch Pink Tail Trigger has jumped into my overflows. The tank is tall so I can not actually reach the bottom and there are two pvc pipes in there. He has wedged himself in between the pvc at the bottom. I have tried putting a silverside in there and pulling it up but he ends up snatching it and consuming it before I can pull it up. Any other suggestions? Pipes are glued in and would rather not take them apart.
 
If you cant reach it with a net how about fishing him out with a barbless hook and a piece of silverside?
 
I was considering that. My only problem is i dont even know if i can squeeze him past the pvc at the top i guess if he fit down he can come up. Is it easy to pull the hook out?
 
Your PVC pipes should not be glued into the over flow. Just pop those out and you can then reach in. Been there done that. :)
 
Be careful as you pull the PVC out that you don't crack your bulkheads. Just give them a little wiggle as you pull.
 
Pulling the PVC out is probably the only way your going to get your trigger out. They can lock themselves into position, making it impossible at times. You'll be there for days trying to net him. I havent found a net yet that can chase them around the pipes fast enough. lol. GL!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new