• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Help making a specific piece

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is acrylic inlarge the hole. If glass you can do the same although it will be harder. I would not use a 3D printed part for this application as they are not structurally strong enough, especially of you need less wall thickness.
You could possibly use threaded PVC fittings by adding an appropriate o-ring or rubber gasket on the inside fitting. I have done this although I glued another fitting around the male and female prices to increase the seating area. Gray electrical fittings are basically the same except the threads are not tapered and may work better for you.

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The above information is correct the schedule 40 1/2” bulkheads require a hole that is bigger than 1 1/16. You can drill a bigger hole even if it is glass with the correct holesaw and a template clamped on around that hall which will guide the hole saw. With acrylic you can carefully sand or grind the hole to make it larger. Or use a template with a holesaw like in the case of glass

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back