OP
Z

zeevelji

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is dying and I don't know why :(

Last night all my inverts were dead. This morning I found 3 fish dead.

The values of my tank:
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10ppm
Saline 1.025
Calc 490
Magnisium 1297
Alkalinity 12
Temp 78

I thought my testers were wrong so I took my water to my LSF and they said the same.

I've done a 30% water change.
Any ideas? Most of the fish are hiding. My clown is on the verge of death. Most of the corals are open but they haven't fully extended.
Update.

Everything died. After reading all the suggestions I did a 50% water change the following day the remaining fish (rabbitfish and damsal) spent most of the day hiding). I had taken my water to my LFS once again to have another person test it. It was in a reasonable state, but the ammonia was starting to rise. So the plan was to throw in some tank buster when I got home but at that point the fish were gone. I quickly set out to set up an emergency tank to try to save any remaining coral. Got a frag tank setup, throw on a canister filter, brought in some rocks from the original aquarium to hopefully keep some bacteria. I filled the tank we RODI water, new salt and kept none of the original equipment incase it had ab electric shortage as some suggested. The coral has slowly been dying despite me testing every day, and having normal ranges. With the constant dying the ammonia keeps at 3ppm despite adding live bacteria, tank buster, and doing 10% water changed daily. At this point I've accepted that I've lost my tank and am going to start up again once I've healed from the loss.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.

Everything died. After reading all the suggestions I did a 50% water change the following day the remaining fish (rabbitfish and damsal) spent most of the day hiding). I had taken my water to my LFS once again to have another person test it. It was in a reasonable state, but the ammonia was starting to rise. So the plan was to throw in some tank buster when I got home but at that point the fish were gone. I quickly set out to set up an emergency tank to try to save any remaining coral. Got a frag tank setup, throw on a canister filter, brought in some rocks from the original aquarium to hopefully keep some bacteria. I filled the tank we RODI water, new salt and kept none of the original equipment incase it had ab electric shortage as some suggested. The coral has slowly been dying despite me testing every day, and having normal ranges. With the constant dying the ammonia keeps at 3ppm despite adding live bacteria, tank buster, and doing 10% water changed daily. At this point I've accepted that I've lost my tank and am going to start up again once I've healed from the loss.
So sorry about your loss

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back