Help with choosing Core 7 or Other Methods

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a 120g tank and am looking for some advice on whether to go the Core 7 route or Other Methods with a calcium and kalkwasser reactor combo. I'm asking because, in my opinion, a 120g tank is right on the dividing line between the pro's and con's of a dosing vs calcium reactor.

Originally I planned to go the reactor route for simplicity and the added ph benefits from kalk since the tank is in my basement. Now that I've decided to go with the Triton method I'm leaning towards going the dosing route and figuring that the large refugium will help keep the ph balanced and I also found a way to run a fresh air line to my skimmer intake.

I already have a pair of 5x16 geo reactors that I could use for the tank but I don't have the regulator or tank yet so it'll be about the same whether I go with a doser, leaning towards the ghl, or if I stick with the reactors.

The biggest factors I look at when making this decision is consistency, ease of use, footprint required to house the equipment and cost over the long run.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back