Help with coral placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter ceiji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ceiji

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
2
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.. I am trying to figure out the placement of various corals and flow pattern and would like some help from the community.

Please excuse the dirty glass. Just had a water change and I forgot to clean the glass before taking the pics/video.

For now I have some zoa frags, couple of candy canes, 3 types of hammer, 2 torches, a gorgonian, a green sinularia and a toadstool. I have a frag of purple stylo that I got free, but I do not plan to add any other SPS for at least a year. The tank is an IM 50g AIO with MightyJet 538 pump's two return nozzles split into two random flow generators (4 in total). I have a Nero 3 that I have not determined where to add. I have two AI Prime 16HDs running as per Saxby's schedule. I've not measured the par values yet as I have yet to adjust the lights once the coral placements are decided.

I have added front, right, left, top view pics and a short video. The first pic is what I am thinking right now, but please provide any suggestions.
01_coral placement.jpg


Front view
01_front_view.jpg


Right view
02_right_view.jpg


Left view
03_left_view.jpg


Top view
04_top_view.jpg


Quick video:

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new