Help with second return pump and UV sterilizer

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just “upgraded” my tank from a reefer 350 to a reefer 425 (my tank leaked and Red Sea gave me a discount on a new one)… my new tank has room for 2 return pumps. On the previous tank I custom plumbed a Pentair 25w into the return line. Now my tank has 2 return lines and I wanted to add a second pump. I have a Cor 20 in there already and a flow meter. I need a smaller second pump for the Reefer g2 425 xl. Could you recommend a second pump that has a smaller footprint. Should I use the cor20 to power the return with the uv/flow meter or the second return?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The COR 20 is probably enough to power your return and UV (your tank should've come with a Y-adapter that connects the dual returns to a single return pump). If you run the pump into the UV and out to that Y-adapter, you can run 100% of your water through the UV.

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The COR 20 is probably enough to power your return and UV (your tank should've come with a Y-adapter that connects the dual returns to a single return pump). If you run the pump into the UV and out to that Y-adapter, you can run 100% of your water through the UV.
Yea I had it all run through the uv on the 350. I have room for 2 returns though on this tank and I think being able to adjust the flow through the UV independently will be beneficial

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I had it all run through the uv on the 350. I have room for 2 returns though on this tank and I think being able to adjust the flow through the UV independently will be beneficial
Sure. A COR15 would probably be all you'd need.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back