Help with setting lights for a 29 gallon tank

leo_martin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
12
Location
Monkton
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys.
I need help. Recently I bought a Nero 5 for the tank and I have my eyes on 2 Ai Primes HD from the marketplace. Currently, I have a Kessil A360WE and I want something more controllable without a dongle and cords. I bought 2 Nicrews 100W from the marketplace as well, but I did not look at the flat coloring, or the dongle and I missed the shimmer and went back to Kessil.
Inside the tank, I have 8+ fishes, a few GSP spots, a few Zoas, 2 bta anemones, and a firework clove Polyps colony.
The help I need is: Will the 2 Prime HDs be enough from my tank? they have a shimmer too and I want the same "controllability" I have with the Nero 5 on my lights. Does anyone have a similar tank to share your experience? Is there a rule of thumb for wattage per gallon?
If not, setting both Nicrews + Kessil lights to be too much? That would be around 300 watts in total.
Also, can I use the Kessil A360WE as a refugium light? I think yes, but I just wanna check.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
 
yes 2 primes will be enough for that tank and that livestock. The kessil can be used as a fuge light, you'll just want to dial down the power and use a daylight spectrum which macroalgae tends to like the best.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new