Help!

Dominator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what is or could be the cause of this? Everything is fine other than this one piece. It’s turning white In 2 seperate places. I have other of the same coral that’s doing ok also!
c63fd8ab428cc5dddd1a84d56a5fe5c5.jpg
cdc02dc9bf34013e6ef6c02024c025c9.jpg
Is that a montipora? If so I would say montipora eating nudibranch. Vermin. I have had my share and that is what it looks like to me. Look at it with a flashlight early before your lights come on.

OP
OP
Chiefmaster30

Chiefmaster30

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a montipora? If so I would say montipora eating nudibranch. Vermin. I have had my share and that is what it looks like to me. Look at it with a flashlight early before your lights come on.

It’s not a montipora. It’s a type of spongode.

Dominator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only algae I see in my tank lately is getting the greenish film stuff on the glass and I’ve been having to mag float it daily instead of every 3 or 4 days.
It’s not a montipora. It’s a type of spongode.

Yes. Spongode is a montipora. Montipora spongode. I would say you definitely have monti nudis. You are going to want to pull that and frag it. And definitely do a dip. I use hydrogen peroxide and a turkey baster. They are bad news.

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other monti caps are doing good though!

They usually start on one colony/frag and then spread. I would frag off a healthy piece, dip, and get rid of the rest including part or all of the live rock if it's small. Then pray.

Of course only if they are indeed nudis.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back