ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who doesn't dig a little Tiesto now and again! ;)
Me: googles tiesto. Was thinking it’s some sort of tortilla chip. Finds out Dutch DJ. The disappointment is deep.

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hah, maybe.. i'll just skip pics of my birdsnest of wires and dog food container ATO reservoir!

i got the coralbox dosing pump a week ago and still haven't set that thing up, stupid vacation

what stuff do you dose? i'm torn on what to do with pumps 3 and 4. i kinda don't test for mag or dose it much, maybe monthly so that seems like a waste.
I bought the same Coralbox dosing pump and haven't set mine up yet either. I'm pretty good with water changes and I find I usually only have to dose about 15ml of Alk, calcium stays hovering about 470 and mag doesn't even move. I'm going to use one of the remaining pumps to dose Acropower, 5ML every other day/

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the same Coralbox dosing pump and haven't set mine up yet either. I'm pretty good with water changes and I find I usually only have to dose about 15ml of Alk, calcium stays hovering about 470 and mag doesn't even move. I'm going to use one of the remaining pumps to dose Acropower, 5ML every other day/

yeah i tested mag recently and it was pretty high, 1470 or so, so that's not getting dosed for sure

i still haven't set my dosing pump up lol. i tested it and calibrated, but have not gotten around to drilling holes in for the pump and putting alk/calcium in there at least. someday.. could be right now.. but nah..

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the zoa debate. Wwc replied to me and confirmed they sent me rastas, most other people got bob marleys as their freebie, hence the confusion. Oh well. Can’t complain about free frags I suppose.
I got a speck of GSP, lol. Like you said, free is free. Got a sick piece from Cali Kid as a freebie, pretty expensive to boot.

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i tested mag recently and it was pretty high, 1470 or so, so that's not getting dosed for sure

i still haven't set my dosing pump up lol. i tested it and calibrated, but have not gotten around to drilling holes in for the pump and putting alk/calcium in there at least. someday.. could be right now.. but nah..
I mounted it and even made a nice little smoked gray with transparent red lipped shelf out of 1/4" acrylic for the container. Other than that it's just collecting dust and dog hair, lol.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a speck of GSP, lol. Like you said, free is free. Got a sick piece from Cali Kid as a freebie, pretty expensive to boot.
A speck ! That’s pretty bad... lol

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try some mid nineties Paul Oakenfold.
I just want some chips and salsa to be honest.

I’ve got an Apple Music account. I love it, getting back into some of my 90’s stuff.

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hemmdog, this was/is one heck of a thread. Plan on keeping up to with the trials and tribulations. Also, super congrats on your 3 year anniversary. Had 10 years, went out for some research, slew of financial and criminal charges. What the heck, I haven't felt the need since August 26, 2016 God willing.

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hemmdog, this was/is one heck of a thread. Plan on keeping up to with the trials and tribulations. Also, super congrats on your 3 year anniversary. Had 10 years, went out for some research, slew of financial and criminal charges. What the heck, I haven't felt the need since August 26, 2016 God willing.
Heading over to a certain 60 gallon cube build thread right now, but will be checking in on everyone's here too.

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s pretty bad...

GSP Joke.jpg

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hemmdog, what type of t5 bulbs are you using? I ordered all ati blue plus for my reef but I’m kinda worried it’s going to be too blue... smh
Blue+ and coral +, originally had blue+ and actinic (looked nice but wasn’t enough par/pur)

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does dosing Alk cause spikes in calcium?
It shouldn’t unless excess calcium precipitated and made calcium deposits somewhere in your system. When you increase alk it can release these deposits. If your dosing into a high flow area and have good flow in your tank that shouldn’t happen though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back