RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoaaa doing some groundbreaking diy over-here.
42ABF833-91E1-4A34-98B8-F18738E0854D.jpeg

Off to the LFS to sell frags for trace elements, and amino acid, lol.

I had to do this 2 weeks ago. Let a 5polyp frag of wall of fire's go for a big bottle of Fuel.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to do this 2 weeks ago. Let a 5polyp frag of wall of fire's go for a big bottle of Fuel.
Nicee lol. He liked my wares, I felt like a gypsy peddling junk lol. I got reef energy, Red Sea Trace elements, some super glue, two packs of mysis, and 15gal’s of RODI. All for a few overgrown monti frags :)
Very happy over here :) :) :)

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool idea!
Thank you! Just a little drop of super glue on the pvc. Set egg crate on top. Done. Haha.
It lets me put flat frag disks on the bottom of the container and frags on plugs on the top. I took 7 frags with me today, I could of fit a few more. It worked quite well :)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicee lol. He liked my wares, I felt like a gypsy peddling junk lol. I got reef energy, Red Sea Trace elements, some super glue, two packs of mysis, and 15gal’s of RODI. All for a few overgrown monti frags :)
Nice deal!

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a nice comment. Only now have I really dialed in my SPS skills. I’m curious, what info have you heard or read that is just poor advice in your opinion? For me, I think when people post parameters when they have failures, it’s common to hear people say change a hundred things to get your alk to a specific level, to dial up or down NO3 and PO4. Chasing parameters basically. My biggest win was stability in a slightly aged tank. Being it biodiversity working itself out, uglies stage being well gone, an absence of dinos and the like, and husbandry.
Stability is key.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
498604848841883671.gif

Dude! Everything looks amazing!
Great video.
Sweet music!
Lol thanks man! I wish my moyers was out and about during that video. The tank looks empty! Haha.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This works???? I need to try it!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! I do it often, this was just the first time I made my own frag carrier lol.

Ahhhh. I bought one at the Atlanta show. My lfs also told me they would give me credit for my chaeto. I’ve been waiting until I needed something to go... not really sure how much they’d give me and whether if it’s worth the drive.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh. I bought one at the Atlanta show. My lfs also told me they would give me credit for my chaeto. I’ve been waiting until I needed something to go... not really sure how much they’d give me and whether if it’s worth the drive.
Niceee lol. Idk, chaeto is pretty cheap, my LFS gives it away for free lol. But if they need it then that’s sweet :) Montis are a gold mine for me, they grow so quick. I wish my acros grew that fast.. hah.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Niceee lol. Idk, chaeto is pretty cheap, my LFS gives it away for free lol. But if they need it then that’s sweet :) Montis are a gold mine for me, they grow so quick. I wish my acros grew that fast.. hah.
I would think it’s pretty cheap too. Like... are they going to give me a dollar, cause that wouldn’t be worse the drive. But 10-15 may be worth it. Though, it may just be a good way to get people back in the store. And people can’t buy things unless they’re there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back