Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
84426355-ABB0-42F9-A480-72F6ABBE2D69.jpeg

ID anyone? It’s not a favia. Has feeders more like a scoly.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
acan?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
agree awesome piece :cool: great find

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no see! How’ve you been?
Good. Battled uglies for a while afyer the dinos but things are looking good now at one year. Starting to add sticks and Acros and they are doing quite well, but I am running out of room and had to sell a few LPS that were getting too big. The baby keeps me busy and I dont have as much time as I would like to catch up with my R2R comrades. Your terrarium is looking great!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good. Battled uglies for a while afyer the dinos but things are looking good now at one year. Starting to add sticks and Acros and they are doing quite well, but I am running out of room and had to sell a few LPS that were getting too big. The baby keeps me busy and I dont have as much time as I would like to catch up with my R2R comrades. Your terrarium is looking great!
Nice nice! Haha running out of room, me too :( lol. Yeah the vivarium is really coming along! It looks even better now. More lush.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights are you running, Hemm? They have nice pop on IG
360x’s and t5’s. During ramp down I have mainly UV and blue on the 360x’s, really makes the corals pop. I love it. Some people hate the purple look, I am not one of those people, lol.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
360x’s and t5’s. During ramp down I have mainly UV and blue on the 360x’s, really makes the corals pop. I love it. Some people hate the purple look, I am not one of those people, lol.
That doesnt surprise me. Something about Kessils really make corals pop. I haven't seen radions in person, maybe they are similar. I have been running the Ocean Revive T247, which I believe is the best beginners budget light. It just works, and corals grow, but it is lacking in that uv pop. I have been planning to rebuild my hood with 2 ati blue plus t5's and a Kessil for color

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesnt surprise me. Something about Kessils really make corals pop. I haven't seen radions in person, maybe they are similar. I have been running the Ocean Revive T247, which I believe is the best beginners budget light. It just works, and corals grow, but it is lacking in that uv pop. I have been planning to rebuild my hood with 2 ati blue plus t5's and a Kessil for color
Nice that will be good! Ocean revives are good. One of the guys that got me into reefing runs them on all his tanks.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice that will be good! Ocean revives are good. One of the guys that got me into reefing runs them on all his tanks.
My LFS that also has an online coral business (Yourreef.com) runs almost exclusively Ocean Revives. He must own 100 of them and only runs the blue channel and at only 35. It goes against every lighting video I see on YouTube, but it works so well that his business relies on them, and his corals are beautiful.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back