OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some coral still looks a little mad but the tank transfer went great! It was so easy having the biocube 5 feet from the 40b. Most things didn’t even notice a difference! I couldn’t find my quinquevittatum wrasse for a few hours. Then I saw him in the 40b, somehow hitchhiked on a rock! Haha. My black leopard wrasse is the only thing still in the biocube and it’s hiding somewhere in the sand, I can’t find him :( hopefully he will come out tomorrow. I plan to put him in the 90 with my potters leopard wrasse. Hopefully they will get along.
113827BD-98D7-4CEA-B52D-3A8C67BEE24F.jpeg

0A67B4A6-D3A5-48CC-AD15-20490EF9D8FD.jpeg

371F8E5B-54B0-4685-BA2F-A86690DC5A40.jpeg

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have that tool.
I think the reality is that most people in this hobby don't chamfer their edges. Is it best practice... sure, is it common... I would say probably not.

If you REALLY wanted to do it, you could fake it with some sandpaper but it would be time consuming and probably cause more harm than good.

Looking good man!

Edit- I made this post before I saw that cool tool that @saintsreturn posted lol. I still standby my theory here, but that tool certainly makes the edge more accessible.

Last edited:

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a tool you can get on amazon or at home depot, in my electrical section oddly enough...

You put the PVC end inside the tool and give it a spin. Flip the tool and do it again. It takes the flat edge and bevels it, allowing the glue to fill in and seal from 3 sides of the pipe versus just the bottom edge. I havent used it every time, but started using it more these days. Less failed joints (barely any before and none now). Also removes burs and rough edges.

upload_2019-4-10_8-27-14.png
Well that is cool, I just assumed people who did it used a handheld router.... the more you know....

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
009D8D6B-352D-4F44-88A2-1FCECBBF7AD2.gif

Woo got my 360x brackets(2) for my hybrid (for my 90). Hopefully my wife will get the hint I need one more light since I only have 1 360x. My Bday is around the corner! Spectral controller X while your at it plz!
AD5128A0-08C7-4B75-8C86-49135F4EDB9A.jpeg
Please tell me that is your actual security footage.... or did you just that on the interwebs?

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the reality is that most people in this hobby don't chamfer their edges. Is it best practice... sure, is it common... I would say probably not.

If you REALLY wanted to do it, you could fake it with some sandpaper but it would be time consuming and probably cause more harm than good.

Looking good man!
I agree. I’ll probably do it next build just because I know that’s the “best way” to do it now. But my pipes aren’t leaking, no sand paper, I did the 1/4 turns but not really on purpose I was more just lining up my sharpie marks that I made before I disassembled it. I was nervous at first firing it up but this evening I am gaining a lot of confidence in it. I’ve heard if you get past the 24hr mark your most likely good to go! Positive thoughts!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please tell me that is your actual security footage.... or did you just that on the interwebs?
Lol just the internet lol, but the reality is just as ridiculous haha.

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I’ll probably do it next build just because I know that’s the “best way” to do it now. But my pipes aren’t leaking, no sand paper, I did the 1/4 turns but not really on purpose I was more just lining up my sharpie marks that I made before I disassembled it. I was nervous at first firing it up but this evening I am gaining a lot of confidence in it. I’ve heard if you get past the 24hr mark your most likely good to go! Positive thoughts!
I have 100% confidence in your work lol.

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that is cool, I just assumed people who did it used a handheld router.... the more you know....
I always used a knife until a buddy showed me this. I was annoyed I didn't find out about it earlier lol. And they are cheap enough it makes sense to use it.

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking good man!

Edit- I made this post before I saw that cool tool that @saintsreturn posted lol. I still standby my theory here, but that tool certainly makes the edge more accessible.
I agree 100%

I didn't do it for years and have built many tanks with people who don't. They also don't have issues so good on all the ones who don't. For the cost, time and effort, I will always do it moving forward. Haven't had an issue since I started it out, but then again, I didn't have a lot with out it either.

I'll never bag on anyone who doesn't do it, but when I have the opportunity to recommend it, I take it.

It is just one of those things that makes sense once you learn about it. I wonder out of all the tanks built without it, how many of those even knew about it.... *Insert scratching head emoji* ha

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 100%

I didn't do it for years and have built many tanks with people who don't. They also don't have issues so good on all the ones who don't. For the cost, time and effort, I will always do it moving forward. Haven't had an issue since I started it out, but then again, I didn't have a lot with out it either.

I'll never bag on anyone who doesn't do it, but when I have the opportunity to recommend it, I take it.

It is just one of those things that makes sense once you learn about it. I wonder out of all the tanks built without it, how many of those even knew about it.... *Insert scratching head emoji* ha
Truth

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missed a lot of the updates, but it is coming along very nicely!
Thank you! I’m just glad the leak on my biocube didn’t totally go catastrophic on me and I got everything (minus my leopard wrasse) transferred over! That was the main goal! Once I get the biocube drained all my worry’s will disappear haha.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 80 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.0%
Back