OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this mushroom awhile. But now in the 40b it’s higher up getting better light. It almost looks like a little bounce of some kind. Anyone know what it is? The mushroom is purple and green
CEFA8AAD-648F-4A46-9956-08440FEECDA1.jpeg

4837BE33-AA3C-4BBC-B8C2-B62FF07DB5B6.jpeg

I see little bubbles forming it looks like. Interesting! My Goni is looking happier in more light too!
068E0371-5544-4413-B856-9E4EF7D8F504.jpeg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes already drilled. Comes up through the bottom. Built in glass overflow.

There are a few different things you can do. However, I think I would email Waterbox and get suggestions/info from them directly. I say this because altering something from their "stock" set up may cause warranty issues.

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed the thread title to include both tanks. It will primarily be my 90gal with pics and updates and stuff; but there’s a lot of good info on here for anyone looking to do a 40b build as well, figured I’d help people searching for 40b builds that way.

It also includes fun and adventure because we all like to laugh! And I for sure am still learning something everyday about reefing.

Forgot to mention that I love the new title!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this is? The shell has a opal look to it, kind of cool.
1197D52C-87F7-45CB-8D54-C2D055B6EB43.jpeg

Stomatella I’m guessing?

Check out limpit's as well. It's likely that or a stomatella.

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd tell ya to get a new pixel 3 but there's too many apple fanboys for my opinion to matter :p
I love my pixel 2xl best pics I've ever taken
Couldn't agree more, I had the 2xl and can say the camera is amazing. I now have the 3 xl and will be getting the 4 in October.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tanks have you all had throughout your life? Just curious, I feel like I’ve had a ton lol. I started when I was 5 with my first tank in my room and I’ve been hooked since. The tank was a 8g hex, I loved that tank so much, it had some gourami’s and Molly’s. I even remember the Molly’s bred in that tank. So cool seeing that so young. After that I had a 20g with the same fish. Then one of my brothers got a 75g African cichlid tank. That was so cool too the way he had it lit. Then personally I had a 35 in high school. Got out of the hobby awhile in college but got back in my last 2 years with a 10g tiger barb tank. Then 35g red bellied piranha tank that was a huge conversation starter.. lol. After college got a 55g planted fw German blue ram and cardinal tetra tank. Started working at a public aquarium then; so I didn’t really want to do maintenance when I got home, so I got out of the hobby. Then 2 years ago got into reefing and started with a 32 biocube, 8 months later added a 90 gal, now I replaced the biocube with a 40b bare bottom reef! I’ve been hooked for life!

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growing up my dad had a goldfish pond in the backyard he kept running year round.
After we moved from that house I got a bow front for my bday when I was 9 kept FW fish for years until we moved again and my mom didn't wanna move with everything so it went in a garage sale I believe.
Didn't have a tank during my teen years (was busy making mistakes;)) When I had a kid 9 years ago I got a glofish tank from walmart for my daughter to watch.
I kept those glofish alive for 5 years before breaking down the tank after they died on vacation...I was glad. My excuse to FINALLY switch to saltwater!!
A year ago I bought a 50 gallon cube, last month I bought a 40 breeder for my daughter. They'll both be set up soon. The 50 first.
I also have a 20 gallon that's going to be set up tomorrow for my first corals and a fish or two. That will be for my daughter until the 40b is setup.
Exciting days ahead.
Great conversation starter @Hemmdog

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To many to list! I currently have 4 low iron glass tanks looking for a place to land in my office or home. I also have 4 acrylic tanks laying around as well as the material for more tanks just sitting in the shop. Only one little orphan 40 gallon tank I would not even allow in pictures running!

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a basic 10 gallon tank with those little blue and red neons that were ar every pet store. I probably had that tank for 2 years, but not the same fish. My dad was good about letting me figure out personal responsibility by my mistakes. In high school I got into African Cichlids. I thought they were the coolest freshwater fish. I used a fairly decent sized desktop with built in filter and light and built a cool rock structure that had plenty of hiding spots. My lfs always rotated the variety of cichlids, and I learned some of their difficult Latin names. Just after school I started working for the LFS and caught the saltwater bug. I bought a 12 gallon hex and stand, a cpr backpack skimmer, and a small power compact fixture in 99-00. I left the hobby in 03 when I went of to Wyotech and just recently got back in it. In fact I am still using all the same equipment except for the light fixture, and some kind soul has been retrofitting it to led for me. Though I will be upgrading to my 20long, I will still keep this equipment together and maybe use the tank for a dedicated system. Maybe zoas, maybe acans.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back