OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the sobriety and a stable woman in your life. I still reach for a beer, but support from a significant other makes it easier to get through the day, knowing what's waiting at home for a sober you. Have fun on the trip. Maybe Texas phil will get a replacement milli grown out someday, I'd like a chunk too.
The kid can grow coral there’s no doubt about that lol.
He has a gift. Haha @Philipgonzales3

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If u only get to do 1 thing on my list, trust me take the road to hana. Years ago there used to be a highway that circumnavigated the island. Years ago it was wiped out by a lava flow. So no if u want to get to the northwest flank of the volcano, the road to hana is the only option. And it puts the famous coastal highways in California to shame. On the right side, endless untouched tropical forest and waterfalls, on the left, a 400ft drop to the ocean. Its awe inspiring. Have fun! Make memories!
Sounds amazing!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I’ve been a little quiet lately. It’s been a busy week. 25th was my bday, today is my 3 year sober anniversary, and tomorrow my wife and I are off to Maui to celebrate both! My tanks are good. My sapphire Milli randomly rtn’d overnight , so a little bummed about that, hopefully I’ll find another. Other than that things are growing and looking great!

Inspiring,

I also remember being 26. And 36, and 46, you get idea.

You are rocking that suit.

I know I am new, and don’t want to impose but,

While there can you send me any net caught tang you can get. Butterflies are good too. Don’t be scared to collect too much. I can sell what I can’t keep. I also need. 1 whole cooked pig, 5# of poki and 2 grass skirts. Don’t ask about the grass skirts :)

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inspiring,

While there can you send me any net caught tang you can get. Butterflies are good too. Don’t be scared to collect too much. I can sell what I can’t keep. I also need. 1 whole cooked pig, 5# of poki and 2 grass skirts. Don’t ask about the grass skirts :)
Lolol. That’s funny, I’ll see what I can do haha.
Thank you!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I’ve been a little quiet lately. It’s been a busy week. April 25th was my bday, today is my 3 year sober anniversary, and tomorrow my wife and I are off to Maui to celebrate both! My tanks are good. My sapphire Milli randomly rtn’d overnight , so a little bummed about that, hopefully I’ll find another. Other than that things are growing and looking great!
Congrats on your anniversary!

And have a wonderful time on Maui.

+1 road to Hana. Let someone else drive if you can but go either way! (Lol, I was the driver twice to Hana, once on PCH from L.A. to San Francisco and 3 times from Miami to Key West.)
Have a wonderful time. It is amazing.

Never thought about comparing PCH to Hana but its true. Both are amazing but Hana was pretty special.

Lived on the Big Island from 86 to 90. Haven't seen Maui since 88. Bet it is still beautiful! :)

There was a downhill bike ride from the top of the crater on specially equipped bicycles with heavy duty brakes.
We never had a chance to do it but never heard a bad word about it and heard some amazing fantastic things about it. :)
Don't know if it still exists but it might be worth checking out.

Take lots of pictures!

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inspiring,

Just remember if you do bring any tangs that it is 1 ft of tank for every millimeter of fish. Notify the tang police!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your anniversary!

And have a wonderful time on Maui.

+1 road to Hana. Let someone else drive if you can but go either way! (Lol, I was the driver twice to Hana, once on PCH from L.A. to San Francisco and 3 times from Miami to Key West.)
Have a wonderful time. It is amazing.

Never thought about comparing PCH to Hana but its true. Both are amazing but Hana was pretty special.

Lived on the Big Island from 86 to 90. Haven't seen Maui since 88. Bet it is still beautiful! :)

There was a downhill bike ride from the top of the crater on specially equipped bicycles with heavy duty brakes.
We never had a chance to do it but never heard a bad word about it and heard some amazing fantastic things about it. :)
Don't know if it still exists but it might be worth checking out.

Take lots of pictures!
That sounds amazing! I’ll look into all that! I’m so jealous you lived there! That’s my dream!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not good pics so sorry, but here’s a few of the 40b. I still need to scape it, but the corals are all doing really good! My kryptonite is getting massive! That’s a 8inch long box for reference.
1450FE0C-4743-4745-827C-5D1082E45427.jpeg

4EF99A60-A03B-407C-A248-E2E0550C33E9.jpeg

My Goni that I thought was dead is now back to life and looking amazing! I think I want to add a few more gonis near this one. My LFS has a really nice minicolony(50heads) all hot pink with blue on the very end. $100. I almost got it today..
256941AF-7ED3-45E0-9A9E-F3B5FB757044.jpeg

This tank has a sweet top down view. Pics don’t do it justice.
9986DAA4-39E9-4665-94FB-E24183920F42.jpeg

Not sure what exactly this is. I bought it as a yellow octo, but I don’t think that’s correct. I’ve had it almost a year.
62C3EAC9-26AB-4F0F-BDEC-395B46C4707C.jpeg

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I’ve been a little quiet lately. It’s been a busy week. April 25th was my bday, today is my 3 year sober anniversary, and tomorrow my wife and I are off to Maui to celebrate both! My tanks are good. My sapphire Milli randomly rtn’d overnight , so a little bummed about that, hopefully I’ll find another. Other than that things are growing and looking great!

Happy late B-day and congrats on the sobriety bro! That explains it man! I used to do a lot of alcohol and *cough* other things *cough*. I'm a big believer in you don't quit bad habits or addictions (sorry if I already mentioned this, can't remember if I did) that you actually replace them. I don't drink or do any drugs anymore (I'll drink a beer once a blue moon) but let me tell you I am ADDICTED to my tanks (well one is my son's but still).

Have fun and be safe bro!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is Maui?
It’s great!! I just went diving a few mins ago. I saw the biggest yellow tang ever, this thing must have been 16-18 inches, a monster. Also saw some really big naso’s with super long streamers, Achilles tangs, convict tangs, banana wrasse, niger triggers, Picasso triggers, and a crosshatch which I was so stoked about!!!! Saw some really big and pretty pink poccilopora colonies as well. Good times. My current view
4C56F18A-CD5C-45D6-AB1C-0AA3EC4D0937.jpeg

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy late B-day and congrats on the sobriety bro! That explains it man! I used to do a lot of alcohol and *cough* other things *cough*. I'm a big believer in you don't quit bad habits or addictions (sorry if I already mentioned this, can't remember if I did) that you actually replace them. I don't drink or do any drugs anymore (I'll drink a beer once a blue moon) but let me tell you I am ADDICTED to my tanks (well one is my son's but still).

Have fun and be safe bro!
Same here brother haha. Super addicted to reefing now haha. Much healthier though! Haha. Thanks for the bday and soberversary wishes!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting here at work and bam, holiday pics to the face. Hope your having fun.
Ps yellow octo , frogspawn?
Haha sorry! ;Hilarious
I’m still not sure. I bought it as a yellow octo, but it’s not very yellow except the center. It has more “knob” things compared to my frogspawns, so I assume it’s an octo, I’m really not to sure though.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
657CCA92-2472-43EB-AB01-6126DF0FDE95.jpeg

86226C4D-14DA-48EE-9F07-7040B7C34FEE.jpeg

Did a little snorkel, saw tons of Achilles tangs! Also saw a gold rim tang!! Are those ever up for grabs in the hobby? They are beautiful!
FA490285-DDEC-476A-9F76-4F5300FA05F9.jpeg

Wow!!!! Beautiful! Sounds like a well deserved trip!

Congratulations on the sobriety. That is quite a feat and happy birthday!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back