Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! Lots of memories were made. It was such a nice time, it just went to fast :( haha
074582FF-019E-45CF-B134-728A583766DF.jpeg

D3822717-1C21-4444-B416-21F0A2729E99.jpeg

Take me back..

I also grew quite fond of the koi pond. I think I want one, lol.
F7779CE4-6460-4905-BBD8-8C546EC2ECEF.jpeg

C3D32513-74DE-42C8-B441-94784FE4D55F.jpeg

3535040C-5A47-4D6B-A695-564A3BA0981C.jpeg

Yes!, one day I want to do a Koi pond and maybe have some Red Ear Sliders or something along those lines also. I've sen some really nice home ponds on one of the turle forums I used to visit.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes!, one day I want to do a Koi pond and maybe have some Red Ear Sliders or something along those lines also. I've sen some really nice home ponds on one of the turle forums I used to visit.

See @Fudsey .. you're not alone bud

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My golden rhodactis that recently split is splitting again. It looks like the frag fell off the rock and is stretching the mushroom way out. I’m not sure if I should leave it alone or put the frag plate back on the rock. Thoughts ? It’s the long stretched out grey thing.
C390AAA0-9F5F-44EA-9B31-F81873CFF602.jpeg

Day light after it first split over a month ago.
BFB7A590-0110-48FB-AA16-2323FA8D6A3E.jpeg

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading these last few posts this morning about came at the perfect time. I am new to SW, and added my first mushroom to my holding tank a week ago. two days ago I thought it was dead because the small shell it came on no longer had a mushroom on it, it is just a shell now.

Last night I was doing a water change and found the mushroom attached to the glass under my egg crate frag rack, open much larger than before and it is green, not red as I thought it was. Someone mentioned that sometimes mushrooms don't stay attached to frag plugs. do they just "leave a little skin behind" and peel themselves off the glue and move?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading these last few posts this morning about came at the perfect time. I am new to SW, and added my first mushroom to my holding tank a week ago. two days ago I thought it was dead because the small shell it came on no longer had a mushroom on it, it is just a shell now.

Last night I was doing a water change and found the mushroom attached to the glass under my egg crate frag rack, open much larger than before and it is green, not red as I thought it was. Someone mentioned that sometimes mushrooms don't stay attached to frag plugs. do they just "leave a little skin behind" and peel themselves off the glue and move?
No, they are anemones. The will attach themselves. Some people probably glue them, but I would not.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m officially cleaning my gyres for the first time. Currently marinading in a 1:5 white vinegar:warm tap water solution in a Lowe’s 5g bucket. Hopefully they are good as new after! I’ve been noticing I was losing flow, it seemed like it was time.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow.. 42 pages! I last looked in just a few weeks ago.. lol.

Glad you found your wrasse and had a smooth transition to the 40B. Beautiful setup btw. I thought the pre-colored pipe was superfluous when I set up my system, but have to admit, it really looks great!
I'm gonna go home, break out the good book. Somewhere in Exodus it talks about not coveting.. lol.

I noticed your dragon soul favia some pages back. Did you start that as a single polyp? I have a single. He eats like a pig and is nice and fleshy, but I can't even figure out how it grows.. like what even to look for to see if it is.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow.. 42 pages! I last looked in just a few weeks ago.. lol.

Glad you found your wrasse and had a smooth transition to the 40B. Beautiful setup btw. I thought the pre-colored pipe was superfluous when I set up my system, but have to admit, it really looks great!
I'm gonna go home, break out the good book. Somewhere in Exodus it talks about not coveting.. lol.

I noticed your dragon soul favia some pages back. Did you start that as a single polyp? I have a single. He eats like a pig and is nice and fleshy, but I can't even figure out how it grows.. like what even to look for to see if it is.
Thank you! Yea I’m a fan of the colored pipe now, haha. It does look good. My dragon soul started as 3 heads, now it’s 4. It’s a slow grower for me but I also have it on its own little scoly skeleton island. The biggest mouth now looks like it’s splitting into a few new baby mouths. I haven’t been able to feed mine in a few months, it’s sweepers are never out anymore, not sure why. The complete 4th head started as the side of one of the other heads spreading and eventually forming a total new head.

Back