Here goes nothing

Savi_george

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m under good authority that you guys don’t bite! That being said I thought I’d follow the welcome message advice and introduce myself. George but most call me Savi. Been in fresh water for around 4 years when my gf moved in with a very sad looking betta. After falling in love with GreenAqua’s stunning shop tour videos, he was quickly put into a 90ltr with a more than begginer scape. I absolutely fell in love. Around 6 months ago, after working in my lfs for around a year, I was gifted a 400lt marine tank and sump with a rather shy yellow tang, cleaner shrimp and a total dick of a blue damsel. Just recently, and with a lot of thanks to many silent visits to this site I’m starting to feel like I’m cracking it. I’m VERY active with advice, help and paid work within the local freshwater/aquascaping community and my hope is to one day be working for myself doing that. Recently that dream has expanded to marine too. With that in mind, if you see me asking stupid question or trying to backtrack on things that may be common knowledge…PLEASE please do say hello and try to drag me along. I’d love to catch you guys up someday and be the support I’ve found on here. …also I want some of those cool banners lol.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m under good authority that you guys don’t bite! That being said I thought I’d follow the welcome message advice and introduce myself. George but most call me Savi. Been in fresh water for around 4 years when my gf moved in with a very sad looking betta. After falling in love with GreenAqua’s stunning shop tour videos, he was quickly put into a 90ltr with a more than begginer scape. I absolutely fell in love. Around 6 months ago, after working in my lfs for around a year, I was gifted a 400lt marine tank and sump with a rather shy yellow tang, cleaner shrimp and a total dick of a blue damsel. Just recently, and with a lot of thanks to many silent visits to this site I’m starting to feel like I’m cracking it. I’m VERY active with advice, help and paid work within the local freshwater/aquascaping community and my hope is to one day be working for myself doing that. Recently that dream has expanded to marine too. With that in mind, if you see me asking stupid question or trying to backtrack on things that may be common knowledge…PLEASE please do say hello and try to drag me along. I’d love to catch you guys up someday and be the support I’ve found on here. …also I want some of those cool banners lol.
Start a build thread, or whatever they call that banner operation now/!

Welcome to Reef2Reef. I wonder if we have any Black Friday Swag for you?

Black Friday Nbc GIF by Superstore
:cool:

OP
OP
Savi_george

Savi_george

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I forgot to mention that all of this is thanks to my amazing, supportive (often very patient) partner. Our beautiful 5 month old daughter is also utterly fascinated by both my tanks. Other than the marine tank, the fresh water scapes are all tanks built and maintained by myself for customers.
IMG_2752.jpeg
IMG_2697.jpeg
89518374-CF90-4742-801C-48D6F2E2A427.jpeg
IMG_2750.jpeg
IMG_2823.jpeg
IMG_2722.jpeg
IMG_2813.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Savi_george

Savi_george

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Savi, glad you are here! @Nman is going to jump in here and tell you how to get your UK badge, trust me I can see the future!
I’ll take it! There should be compensation of some sorts for having to see the Black Friday coral deals and not be able to make use of them :loudly-crying-face:

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some nice starts. Welcome aboard !! What parts are you from? Thinking Europe if your measuring in liters?

Attachments

• Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230916_145358_0000.png
    20230916_145358_0000.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 19

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back