Hey, R2R!

Venator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, guys! My name is Michael, a 15-y-o sophomore from CT. I am new to forums like this and can’t wait to become part of the community!
First off, here is some stuff about me. I love STEM, especially math and chemistry, and am having a lot of fun in AP Calc and Chem. I hope to double major in pharmacy and some sort of oceanography, when I go to colledge. I also play the cello, and though I’m a minor have spent lotsa time in other countries by myself for the sake of my musical endeavors. Now that the irrelevant stuff is outta the way, let’s talk about reefing!
I just love the ocean and have for many years. I’ve kept tanks since I was around seven—at the time only a Japanese-style fast flow freshwater tank with stuff like freshwater gobies. When I was thirteen I got a small 10 gallon reef, and through trial and error, made it chock full of vibrant sps and acros. Unfortunately, I had to get rid of my hobby around half a year ago, as we both moved and my reef died while I was in a Chamber music camp in VT:(. All that time and money, down the drain. Anyhow, I plan to get a 35-40 gallon tank from Reef Savvy, but for now got a 2.6 gallon Fluval spec with money from christmas.
Now then, (sorry about the rambles, almost done!) not even 30 hours old, here is my tiny tank on a budget of less than $100:
F609B640-F8B8-4A10-A88A-C69397747829.jpeg

As for the specs:
- Fluval Spec 2.6
- (for now, have a Radion G4 from last tank I might use depending on livestock) AquaMaxx NemoLight (or something)
88164713-7ABD-4A66-A535-4D00B5C83E83.jpeg
Which is actually pretty good on this tank.
- Cobalt NeoTherm
- Stock pump (subject to change)
And here are the stats, measured yesterday:
- NH4 kinda high—I believe 1.25
- No NO2 or NO3
- pH at like 8.0-8.1
As for filtration, I kinda wanted some input. I was thinking chaeto but should that be it? Maybe a sponge or two as well?
Alright guys, sorry for the long post, and thanks for having me!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back