Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow Fish.gif

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, Niels!
Yes, that tank was not only "not too shabby" but downright beautiful.
Looking forward to all the photos of the new setup and progression.
Share and Like often!

OP
OP
NielsC

NielsC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, thanks again for the welcome :)

Little update: I just won the bidding on a Red Sea Max Nano!
When I start aquascaping the little cube, I will make sure to open a diary on this lovely forum :)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody

I'm Niels, 28Y/O living in Brussels, Belgium.

I discovered R2R a couple of weeks ago, when I started to research my new saltwater tank.

I'm not completely new to the hobby. Roughly 12 years ago I had my first reeftank. An 80 gallon mixed reef. I was 17 years old at the time, so the system was fairly basic due to my limited financial resources, but the tank didn't look too shabby at its peak, given the restrictions I faced, imho.
When I went to college I sold everything as I would not be able to take care of the tank anymore. I've added a photo of the tank circa 2008.

I decided a few weeks ago to plunge back into the saltwater hobby. There seem to be a lot of decent plug-and-play systems on the market these days. However, living in Belgium, options are somewhat a little more limited. I decided that the Red Sea Max Nano system would be the best (available) fit for me.
I'm planning to build the reef using RRR, and cycling the tank by adding bottled cultures (eg; the Red Sea Mature kit) I've had a massive (inch thick) Eunice brought in with the live rock in my old tank, but also Aiptasia and other pests. I don't want this to happen again, hence me exploring this option.
Eventually I'd like a colorful mixed reef.
I'm still months away from actually buying the tank and starting up the system though.
Things changed a lot over the years, and I'm desperate need to update my knowledge. This is where R2R and other forums come in handy :)

You will see me around here for sure!

Cheers
Niels

juni2008c.jpg

juni2008c.jpg
Welcome, comrade

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back