SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Here was my iodine and moly
Wow your Iodine and Moly are way to low. I think your corals are suffering from this lowness.

I would suggest bringing your Iodine up to 90 and the Moly bring to 12..

I think you will see great results..

Have ever checked for this elements before?

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only done one other icp test and I don’t think they were as low. I’m sorry for questions but do you
Only trust the icp tests or are there actual test kits for them?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hope everyone is doing great! the summer went fast and looking forward to the fall!

In a never ending battle to control po4 and no3 and getting an accurate test kit i have decided to take the plunge and get the Hanna Photometer for no3 and po4.. I have heard these are very accurate and the best part is they have a Calibration check so you can make sure the readings are accurate and it can be calibrated if offset.

we are very excited to test these in the next few days and will share out results over the other test kits. so stay tuned!

Is anybody currently using these?

no3.jpg
po4.jpg

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone is doing great! the summer went fast and looking forward to the fall!

In a never ending battle to control po4 and no3 and getting an accurate test kit i have decided to take the plunge and get the Hanna Photometer for no3 and po4.. I have heard these are very accurate and the best part is they have a Calibration check so you can make sure the readings are accurate and it can be calibrated if offset.

we are very excited to test these in the next few days and will share out results over the other test kits. so stay tuned!

no3.jpg
po4.jpg
Can you expand a little on your “battle to control no3 and Po4”?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Can you expand a little on your “battle to control no3 and Po4”?
well what i mean is the no2 and po4 is always up and down and the test kits i think are not that accurate so im not sure how up and down they really are. so this time hopefully with these new Hanna photometers the test result will be more accurate so we can monitor how much the po4 and no3 is actually fluctuating.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well what i mean is the no2 and po4 is always up and down and the test kits i think are not that accurate so im not sure how up and down they really are. so this time hopefully with these new Hanna photometers the test result will be more accurate so we can monitor how much the po4 and no3 is actually fluctuating.
Are you having issues with your acros?

TonyP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

no3.jpg
po4.jpg
Shane, can you do a readings comparison with the Hanna po4 no3 hand helds?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Shane, can you do a readings comparison with the Hanna po4 no3 hand helds?
Yes that is exactly what i plan to do is test the Photometers against he handhelds. I will start this testing this coming week and post th results..

does anybody out there have and use these photometers from hanna?

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Shane, I talked to Rudy Friday night here in the Bay Area at the frag swap. He's a really cool dude and I talked to him a while about the hobby and his background along with how you guys go back. I grabbed the ohh Lala from him along with bkchem fruit loops. Would be awesome if you came down for CFM some time.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Interesting find. My No3 is never above 40 so maybe it won't matter. I have a friend that is a great reefer who has been using this for a year and says it is very accurate. I will test this though against the handheld and see what happens. I assume this is the same type of technology the handheld reader has so maybe the handheld is not good either?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Shane, I talked to Rudy Friday night here in the Bay Area at the frag swap. He's a really cool dude and I talked to him a while about the hobby and his background along with how you guys go back. I grabbed the ohh Lala from him along with bkchem fruit loops. Would be awesome if you came down for CFM some time.
I heard it was an awesome show! I would love to come down sometime maybe next year. how often do you guys have shows? Rudy is a great old friend of mine :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back