BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard it was an awesome show! I would love to come down sometime maybe next year. how often do you guys have shows? Rudy is a great old friend of mine :)
Yeah it was nice having him there with a couple other old school guys. Steve Tyree and Tony put it on twice a year, usually in the spring and fall. If you decide to come down and need any help let me know.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Strange their nitrogen meter is not recommended for salt water use. The phosphate looks good to go though. Great thread btw, love it.
thank you! yea weird especially because the new handheld hanna came out with I think is the same type of Technology. Also the photometer can be calibrated and checked for accuracy which is awesome, so if it reads wrong we will know..

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting find. My No3 is never above 40 so maybe it won't matter. I have a friend that is a great reefer who has been using this for a year and says it is very accurate. I will test this though against the handheld and see what happens. I assume this is the same type of technology the handheld reader has so maybe the handheld is not good either?
My Hanna no3 high range is spot on with my salifert no3 test and ati icp. Same with how the ultra low Po4 checker is spot on with ati icp as well. There’s an old brs video comparing the ultra low phosphorus, which is the same as the new ultra low Po4, to a $2k Lab grade Hawk meter and the results were within a 5% margin of error.

The Hanna ultra low Po4/phosphorus checkers have calibration kits as well.

IMO chasing some magic no3/Po4 test results usually does more harm than good. They should just used to see a trend. Higher=reduce your feeding
Lower=increase your feeding or reduce your export. Keep it simple

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8FE25847-C632-47F6-8294-7F9826E8E0B9.jpeg
BDE34ABC-1B4A-4E07-85C7-41E5FBA07BA3.jpeg

Divide side view by 10
36F949A9-4FB5-4EEF-82EF-37E8EA798208.jpeg

Pretty darn close

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yeah it was nice having him there with a couple other old school guys. Steve Tyree and Tony put it on twice a year, usually in the spring and fall. If you decide to come down and need any help let me know.
Hopefully next year we will make it

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my triton back for the 360 new build and guess what there is no IRON. weird so this must have been a faulty ICP Triton test. This goes to show that you can't always trust test results and need to test with multi kits..

here is the results kinda frustrating since i went crazy cleaning all the magnets and it seems to have given me a false scare.. but it was good to check them all anyway..

So I think what killed those frags was high po4 at .41... so never have your po4 go above .30 or it could result in death.

Also now on this test you will see it looks like high Manganese and Iron which is weird because i have not added any of these elements in since last test.. maybe this is faulty again from ICP.

the new Colonies I put into the tank are doing great and it's been a few weeks- I tested the po4 today and its .16.. so all is well :)

THis is going to be a really fun week because we have @MichaelVargasPhotography coming for 3 days to shoot pictures :) I can't wait to update you guys on the crazy shots he takes :)

1614696084761.png

1614696107529.png

1614696145509.png
I have not had good luck with triton. I only use ati now and much more stable. And triton doesn’t even test fluoride at all

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I pour it in 1 hour after the lights come on. for my 560 Gallons i am dosing about 100 ML of phyto per day
I used to do this for my clam and I think it raised Phosphate, have you noticed this? Also, do you dose acropower?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
yes it does raise po4 so need to be carful. we still use acropower but only 1ml per day on our 560 gallon
I used to do this for my clam and I think it raised Phosphate, have you noticed this? Also, do you dose acropower?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Dewman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys after 3 years I feel like this tank is decent enough and need to start a new tank... I set up a new 120 Gallon Display tank with some bonsai tree Rock work and plan to select some frags from the main display for this new tenuis grow out. its going to be a long journey replicating the main system parameters and growing the selected frags out. I am also excited to see how the radian g5s compare to the g4s. In the current tank they are grown using the g4s and the new tank will be the g5s.

6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

ZgPF2HJ4.jpeg

3.jpeg

1.jpeg

4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg
12.jpeg
13.jpeg
14.jpeg
2.jpeg

1.jpeg

jI6qLVjU.jpeg

ES5tR27w.jpeg

pB_5euFo.jpeg

teMefT6A.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

hoarder.jpg

full tank.jpg

Below is the new 120 Gallon Display tank with the Bonsai Tree branches. this is the tank that will get the new frah cutting. Will be fun to see them grow and crust onto the branches :)

jungle.jpg
Beautiful setup!

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys after 3 years I feel like this tank is decent enough and need to start a new tank... I set up a new 120 Gallon Display tank with some bonsai tree Rock work and plan to select some frags from the main display for this new tenuis grow out. its going to be a long journey replicating the main system parameters and growing the selected frags out. I am also excited to see how the radian g5s compare to the g4s. In the current tank they are grown using the g4s and the new tank will be the g5s.

6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

ZgPF2HJ4.jpeg

3.jpeg

1.jpeg

4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg
12.jpeg
13.jpeg
14.jpeg
2.jpeg

1.jpeg

jI6qLVjU.jpeg

ES5tR27w.jpeg

pB_5euFo.jpeg

teMefT6A.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

hoarder.jpg

full tank.jpg

Below is the new 120 Gallon Display tank with the Bonsai Tree branches. this is the tank that will get the new frah cutting. Will be fun to see them grow and crust onto the branches :)

jungle.jpg
Beautiful!! Love me some tenuis!
I am curious, what are the parameters of the main system?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back