Highgrade's IM INT112

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the rundown on my new build. This will be mainly a SPS dominant tank.

Innovative Marine INT 112gal 36 x 36 x 20 with APS stand
Giesemann Stellar 36" Hybrid T5 with 2 Kessil A360x and Spectral X controller.
Bashsea Smart Series Sump 30 x 18 x 16
Eshopps Gen 4 S-200 Skimmer
Ecotech M1 Vectra with Ecotech backup battery
Ecotech MP40 x 1 and MP10 x 2 With Ecotech backup battery x 2
RCA 3/4" RFG nozzles
Neptune Apex EL Controller
Eheim Jager Heaters 250w x 2
XP Aqua Duetto Dual ATO
Trigger 10gal Ruby reservoir

40 lbs of CaribSea Life rock shapes
60lbs of CaribSea Pink Fiji Sand

Current Livestock:
Juvenile Lennardi Wrasse
Female/trasitioning Hawaiian Flame Wrasse
Yellow Candy Hogfish
Exquisite firefish

3607B05C-7ED7-423D-95E8-5E2DB39A0838.jpeg

2A546816-6166-42F5-A3F1-08C996312E16.jpeg

35ADB13E-E955-46CD-98C5-D6C338E01237.jpeg

Last edited:

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I love the look of these tanks, however, I disliked the ability to have a sump in the system... Did you drill the tank to add a sump? I went with the Nuvo 50 EXT for this reason.... When I upgrade, I'd love to do this or the 150!

OP
OP
Highgrade

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I love the look of these tanks, however, I disliked the ability to have a sump in the system... Did you drill the tank to add a sump? I went with the Nuvo 50 EXT for this reason.... When I upgrade, I'd love to do this or the 150!
The tank is predrilled and comes with the upper half of the plumbing. It's not a AIO so it is designed to have a sump. IM just doesn't sell a sump with the set up.

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is predrilled and comes with the upper half of the plumbing. It's not a AIO so it is designed to have a sump. IM just doesn't sell a sump with the set up.
So, I foolishly thought it was AIO like their smaller models. Had I known that, I would've purchased this over the 50 EXT, LOL! Well, I know what I'll be getting soon!

I'm VERY happy with my 50 EXT in terms of build quality and the look of the tank.... How do you like that T5/Kessil hybrid? Looks like the perfect blend of blanketing light and shimmer.

OP
OP
Highgrade

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I foolishly thought it was AIO like their smaller models. Had I known that, I would've purchased this over the 50 EXT, LOL! Well, I know what I'll be getting soon!

I'm VERY happy with my 50 EXT in terms of build quality and the look of the tank.... How do you like that T5/Kessil hybrid? Looks like the perfect blend of blanketing light and shimmer.
No worries, IM has the INT "internal" plumbing and EXT which is external plumbing/overflow. I prefer the INT even though it takes up more room inside the tank with the coast to coast overflow. Not a fan of pipes hanging off the back of a tank.

Overall I'm very happy with the T5/Kessil Hybrid. Which I've ran over previous tanks with the older Kessil models. The T5/LED blend is perfect and you cant beat the Kessil shimmer. So far the my test acros/montis are keeping their color and thriving. I'll be adding more acros in the next couple weeks and will post an update with some pics.

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, IM has the INT "internal" plumbing and EXT which is external plumbing/overflow. I prefer the INT even though it takes up more room inside the tank with the coast to coast overflow. Not a fan of pipes hanging off the back of a tank.

Overall I'm very happy with the T5/Kessil Hybrid. Which I've ran over previous tanks with the older Kessil models. The T5/LED blend is perfect and you cant beat the Kessil shimmer. So far the my test acros/montis are keeping their color and thriving. I'll be adding more acros in the next couple weeks and will post an update with some pics.
Very nice! I'll have to look into the fixture. My complaint with my EXT is the overflow box placement... It's JUST in the wrong place that I can't really mount 2 Kessil's on the back, without them touching, or being on the total ends of the tank... So, maybe hanging fixture it is? I do not miss changing bulbs, though. The old T5 and Halide days sucked!

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on how you are liking that light? I think I'm going to grab it and throw my A360x in there :)

OP
OP
Highgrade

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on how you are liking that light? I think I'm going to grab it and throw my A360x in there :)
Loving the A360x and the Giesemann Stellar. Having a bit of an ugly phase going on in the tank but things are slowly turning around. Overall the corals seem to be doing well and growing. I need to get an update soon.

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the A360x and the Giesemann Stellar. Having a bit of an ugly phase going on in the tank but things are slowly turning around. Overall the corals seem to be doing well and growing. I need to get an update soon.

Thanks! Buying it :)

What T5 bulbs did you go with? Seems like most people like BluePlus, but I worry they're too blue... I can always add more blue with the Kessil... THoughts?

OP
OP
Highgrade

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running KZ bulbs -Superblue, Fiji Purple and New Generation. I picked them up on sale back in Feb. Which was the main reason I purchased them. I normally run ATI bulbs but figured I would try something different. The Superblue is identical to the ATI Blue plus and the Fiji Purple is very similar to the ATI Purple plus as well. I'm not a fan or the KZ New Generation. Its a 10k bulb. Its a great daylight bulb but just doesn't make colors pop. Seems to wash out any color in the corals. I most likely will swap the New Generations to ATI Coral plus. IMO I'd say go with ATI blue+ as the primary and add in Coral +,Purple + and Actinic.

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running KZ bulbs -Superblue, Fiji Purple and New Generation. I picked them up on sale back in Feb. Which was the main reason I purchased them. I normally run ATI bulbs but figured I would try something different. The Superblue is identical to the ATI Blue plus and the Fiji Purple is very similar to the ATI Purple plus as well. I'm not a fan or the KZ New Generation. Its a 10k bulb. Its a great daylight bulb but just doesn't make colors pop. Seems to wash out any color in the corals. I most likely will swap the New Generations to ATI Coral plus. IMO I'd say go with ATI blue+ as the primary and add in Coral +,Purple + and Actinic.
I was thinking 2 blue + and 2 coral + with the Kessil A360x (it has the violet and a very actinic look). Thoughts?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back