Highgrade's IM INT112

jerburton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any PAR readings for your lighting set-up (A360x with t5). Any video of shimmer? I saw that you have radions on a different build. Do you prefer one vs the other? why? I would be installing both into a t5 fixture and am on the fence between the A360x and XR-30 Gen 4....

OP
OP
Highgrade

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE="jerburton, post: 6.

No PAR readings yet. I have yet to get around to renting one from BRS.

At the moment I'm on the fence. I love the Radion G4 with Diffusers and T5. Brings out nice colors and contrast in the corals. The A360s the shimmer is very nice and is much better than the Radions. Colors of the corals look just as good if not better. I'm using the same T5 fixtures and bulbs so the differences are subtle between the A360x's and the Radions.
Kessils = better shimmer
Radions with the diffusers offer a nice blend. Almost as if the Radions are T5 rather than LED. There is a slight shimmer with the diffusers but you do lose some PAR. Without the diffusers the Disco ball affect is really obvious.

Overall I may just combine the T5s with Radions and A360x's. It might be overkill but I've already tested this and to my eye it is looks the best with all 3 combined.

jerburton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE="jerburton, post: 6.

No PAR readings yet. I have yet to get around to renting one from BRS.

At the moment I'm on the fence. I love the Radion G4 with Diffusers and T5. Brings out nice colors and contrast in the corals. The A360s the shimmer is very nice and is much better than the Radions. Colors of the corals look just as good if not better. I'm using the same T5 fixtures and bulbs so the differences are subtle between the A360x's and the Radions.
Kessils = better shimmer
Radions with the diffusers offer a nice blend. Almost as if the Radions are T5 rather than LED. There is a slight shimmer with the diffusers but you do lose some PAR. Without the diffusers the Disco ball affect is really obvious.

Overall I may just combine the T5s with Radions and A360x's. It might be overkill but I've already tested this and to my eye it is looks the best with all 3 combined.
Good to know! Sounds like it would be nice either way. Do you have the Kessil controller to play with the other colors at all?

OP
OP
Highgrade

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know! Sounds like it would be nice either way. Do you have the Kessil controller to play with the other colors at all?
Yes I have the spectral controller. It’s more user friendly than the previous controller. Also to be able to change the individual colors is nice. Kessil has claimed they’re coming out with a wireless dongle and an app to control the A360x. Who knows if and when this will come to fruition. I like the spectral controller since I can just set it and forget it.

jerburton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have the spectral controller. It’s more user friendly than the previous controller. Also to be able to change the individual colors is nice. Kessil has claimed they’re coming out with a wireless dongle and an app to control the A360x. Who knows if and when this will come to fruition. I like the spectral controller since I can just set it and forget it.
Don't know if you would be up for it but if you were to make video comparing the lights in terms of aesthetics I would watch it ;)

OP
OP
Highgrade

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank still around?
Yes it is. I’ve had some set backs between battling velvet/brook and Dino’s in this tank. So going fishless for a few months didn’t help my nutrients and then the Dino’s kicked in. Tank is slowly getting back on track and corals are starting to take off. Don’t mind the clean white tiles my favias are growing of the disk so I mounted them on the tiles yesterday. I’ll have to update this thread with some better pics and a list of livestock/hardware changes.

FFDF1AEB-D4CF-4853-A63D-8A99770BA7BB.jpeg

sfboarders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in purchasing this tank. Would like to see the hardware changes you made. Doesn't seem like much room in the sump area though.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back