Hiya!

Trylobyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Real name is Rob and I am single dad with full custody of my identical twin 8 year old sons. Going to school full time for a bachelors in computer science with a focus on software engineering. We currently reside in NW Ohio and we have kept every kind of freshwater/brackish tank you can think of (cichlids, planted communities, blackwaters, etc.). But, this year I decided I wanted to try a saltwater tank, specifically a nano-reef. I've made this forum a pretty much go to on information from fellow hobbyists, along with a long line of research on YouTube and online blogs/articles/etc. I think I may have watched every BRStv, MarineDepot and LiveAquaria video as well lol. The tank isn't up yet as I am still waiting for some equipment to arrive (dang corona is killing shipping times), but I will post a list of what I got and update with a pic once its actually set up.

Tank:
20 gallon long standard rimmed

Lighting:
Orbit IC LED's : Settings - 100% Blue, 50% White, 25% Red, 20% Green - 10hr day cycle with ramp times

Filtration:
XPAqua Overflow Box/Surface Skimmer (Doubles as an ATO)
TUNZE 9400 Protein Skimmer (rated for 100g, 50g heavy bioload - also acts as a surface skimmer)
CPR Aquatics AquaFuge2 HOB Refugium (will be getting the Refugium starter kit from AlgaeBarn once the tank is cycled so Chaeto, Pods, Phyto)
20-25lb's base rock
20lbs caribsea live sand

Flow:
2x Korilia Nano 240

Hopes:
Mainly soft, LPS corals as I have read they are easier to care for and my lighting should be sufficient
Bonded pair of Ocellaris Clowns, Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, 3 scarlet hemits, 3 snails (maybe 1 more fish after the tank has matured enough either Mandarin for the pods, or other goby)

Anyways, I will definitely post a pic when the tank is actually set up and look forward to reefing with all you!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back