0   0   0
1D120DCC-C58A-431F-BF3E-22BB2322D92C.jpeg

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Sharir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Real name is Rob and I am single dad with full custody of my identical twin 8 year old sons. Going to school full time for a bachelors in computer science with a focus on software engineering. We currently reside in NW Ohio and we have kept every kind of freshwater/brackish tank you can think of (cichlids, planted communities, blackwaters, etc.). But, this year I decided I wanted to try a saltwater tank, specifically a nano-reef. I've made this forum a pretty much go to on information from fellow hobbyists, along with a long line of research on YouTube and online blogs/articles/etc. I think I may have watched every BRStv, MarineDepot and LiveAquaria video as well lol. The tank isn't up yet as I am still waiting for some equipment to arrive (dang corona is killing shipping times), but I will post a list of what I got and update with a pic once its actually set up.

Tank:
20 gallon long standard rimmed

Lighting:
Orbit IC LED's : Settings - 100% Blue, 50% White, 25% Red, 20% Green - 10hr day cycle with ramp times

Filtration:
XPAqua Overflow Box/Surface Skimmer (Doubles as an ATO)
TUNZE 9400 Protein Skimmer (rated for 100g, 50g heavy bioload - also acts as a surface skimmer)
CPR Aquatics AquaFuge2 HOB Refugium (will be getting the Refugium starter kit from AlgaeBarn once the tank is cycled so Chaeto, Pods, Phyto)
20-25lb's base rock
20lbs caribsea live sand

Flow:
2x Korilia Nano 240

Hopes:
Mainly soft, LPS corals as I have read they are easier to care for and my lighting should be sufficient
Bonded pair of Ocellaris Clowns, Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, 3 scarlet hemits, 3 snails (maybe 1 more fish after the tank has matured enough either Mandarin for the pods, or other goby)

Anyways, I will definitely post a pic when the tank is actually set up and look forward to reefing with all you!
WELCOME TO REEF2REEF! Please do share your tanks progress with us

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back