HOB refugiums

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrisfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2015
Messages
7,488
Reaction score
26,222
Location
Hatteras
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that have a HOB refugium, do you clean it? And how often and how, thanks. TGIF :)
 
Bump
 
Bump:D
 
There isn't much to clean in mine.. I have some sponges that grow and coralline but I leave that. I have a clean up crew in there so there is no food left.
 
Ok thanks I think I'll leave mine alone for now
 
When I had mine, I would clean it about every 3 months for the reason it became a nitrate trap with gunk.
 
I haven't cleaned mine..Chaetos are
growing real fast! BTW, what light do you use on your HOB refugium?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new