How do you replenish trace elements in your tank? (POLL)

What is the main way you replenish trace elements in your tank?

  • Water Changes

    Votes: 68 64.8%
  • Bottled Suppliments

    Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Reactors and Media

    Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Other

    Votes: 3 2.9%
  • What are trace elements? :)

    Votes: 3 2.9%

  • Total voters
    105
I use both a calcium reactor, and I use S-Plus and Amino-Life by M3, I have had good results with both color and growth with using these products. Also for the past 8 weeks I have been using the Prodibo system which I am very impressed with.
 
I don't consider Ca, Mg, and alkalinity to be trace. Trace means minute quanitities and, to me, that's things such as iodine, strontium, etc.
Gary

Me too. I dose potassium (KCl) and strontium (SrCl) with my calcium via a peristaltic pump system. I find both to be important for keeping SPS and both to be deficient in most salt mixes. I was quite amazed at the difference this makes when comparing to times past when I did not dose these two ions.

Dave
 
I do a combination of water changes, reactor, and some supplementation because there are so many corals in the tank. Plus, I don't believe any one way provides everything the corals need. The salt is synthetic, reactors use media that contains only what coral skeletons need, not living tissue, and supplements are synthetic too, but together I hope get everything. I've had great luck with it.
 
Cal and Alk depending on test readings....Macros are swallowing my Calcium

Vitamin C daily!!! and Iodine (lugols) weekly

Water changes once or twice a month
 
Me too. I dose potassium (KCl) and strontium (SrCl) with my calcium via a peristaltic pump system. I find both to be important for keeping SPS and both to be deficient in most salt mixes. I was quite amazed at the difference this makes when comparing to times past when I did not dose these two ions.

Dave

Curious to know your dosing schedule ans water volume. Please share
 
Fauna marin balling trace elements and a number of other bottles from different manufacturers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new