How many of you have at least one Wrasse in your reef tank?

How many of you have at least one Wrasse in your reef tank?

• Yes I have at least one wrasse in my reef tank.

Votes: 477 71.4%
  • No I do not.

Votes: 76 11.4%
  • No but I will in the future.

Votes: 107 16.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a yellowbanded possum wrasse and he doesn’t bother any corals or clams. I think they are the best wrasse for any tank. Maybe I’ll get him a mate

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My prized possessions in terms of rare wrasses;
First photo is one of the three Pink Streaks in my 3’x16” tank and the second is my beautiful hybrid paracheilinus.
B9C4835E-40E6-4EFF-8958-834CDAB843B7.jpeg

DAC4B566-B990-4135-B83D-362DBA09D56A.jpeg

And the big beauty that I unfortunately lost earlier this summer, a Cirrhilabrus melanomarginatus. This guy was a true stunner with that red in his dorsal, I saw a beautiful young male at a nearby LFS and nearly pulled the trigger yesterday. I called this big boy dumbo.
6BE652F4-DDA6-4234-B02E-0FE3F659CA18.jpeg

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been contemplating having a QOTD today or not. I'm sitting here in my Reef Therapy hat and Reef Builders shirt (thinking about Jake) typing and deleting and retyping again. It's proving to be very hard to try and "get back to reefing" considering the recent loss of our friend Jake Adams but this week I think he would be happy with the topic we have planned from the beginning of the year and would want us to continue to learn and share. Jake really knew fish and he knew his wrasses so let's talk about them today!

Do you have at least one wrasse in your reef tank and if so which one?

Follow up: Are you happy with your decision to include wrasse fish into your aquarium?

SUPERMALE LINEATUS WRASSES image via @Reef Pro
Lin SM WYS2.jpg
I use to have one but he was a complete ******* so I had to get rid of him and I took him back. I really would love one but doing some research first!

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a photo of the Scott’s?
Not on hand but I’ll try and get one when I’m home. I’m horrible when it comes to taking pictures.
He’s a supermale with nice colors, got from Reef Pro.

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed that second follow up question but I mean, considering I continue adding wrasses to my gang… I have never regretted wrasses, even if they can be temperamental sometimes. I’m surprised not many others have added photos of their wrasses though.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually keep a yellow Corris wrasse, but don't have one at the moment. Lost one a few years back, never replaced him. Still have a Bluestreak Cleaner wrasse, been in the tank for several years now, doing well.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 9 fairy wrasses, 4 flasher wrasses and a single Halichoeres iridis. I also had a Potter's leopard wrasse that I had for 7 years.

My Earl's wrasse is probably my favorite but my Fijian Exquisite is also a fav.

Wrasses (1 of 1).jpg

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow up: Are you happy with your decision to include wrasse fish into your aquarium?
For the most part. They are my favorite fish personality wise and a good one is a great one. On the other hand a bad one is awful and I had a Hortulanus that killed two other fish.

Jwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one but lost him in qt because i had a parasite outbreak i was sad. He was a solar fairy wrasse and i will be getting another in the future when my tank is ready to bring my fish out of qt and throw them back into the display. I had Black ick, Velvet, and im thinking i also have flukes as of now. I will be putting them back in my display around December 1st because then my dt tank would have been fishless for 3 months then.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs has a yellow corris and a mystery wrasse right now but I'm pretty full on fish. I have a melanarus tho:) no complaints except he spends the entire day glass surfing. Think he kind of went nuts when he was in qt
Always one in the bunch that glass surfs. Most wrasse will during transition then stop. Others will keep doing it. Also stress or small tank for them can cause glass surfing. They are knuckleheads

Back