How many pounds of....

I believe that I had about 20lbs of sand in the 29G Biocube that I was going to setup, and it was about an inch high.
 
Don't know the exact footprint from the 29G cube. I assumed it is 20 x 19 ?

I used the sand bed calculator and came up with this for a 2" sand bed:
You will need approximately 40 pounds of sand
to achieve a 2 inch depth in a 20 x 19 inch tank
assuming the sand weighs 90 pounds per cubic foot.

This seems a lot to me. I guess you can go with less as you will have LR also which takes up space.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new