How Many Test Kits Do You Have?

• Total voters

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I have a customer that has a swing arm meter i tell them to taste the water instead. And this normally happens:
Customer: But I just can taste if the water is salt but not how much??
Me: At least You do know that You dont know the salinity.

I look at the thermometer every day. Salinity at least once a week. I have a little to much automated fill up so I add a little salt every other day to the RO/DI water. I test kH, Ca, and Mg each time I fill up my Balling containers (~20 days)
2 - 3 months nitrate, phosphate, iodine and potassium. I test Strontium whenever I have little to do. I will stop that and use Triton tests instead.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I walk past the tank almost every day. If the fish are smiling and doing the Macarena, I forget about them and go out to dinner, maybe have the linguini and clams with a nice glass of Pino Grecio.

To test my swing arm hydrometer, I call an Uber, go to the airport. Head to some tropical location, rent a car to take me to the sea and rent a boat. Go out and jump in the water with my swing arm hydrometer and a permanent marker. Test the water and put a line on the thing where the arm floats.

Go back to the airport and go home. Then test my water. :D (no, I am, not kidding) :cool: I will test it again soon in the Caribbean. :p

Do you do that with your refractometer?

simpleman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hanna alk,phosphorus,phosphate,calcium
Red sea nitrate pro,magnesium pro,trace colors pro (I,K,FE)
refractometer
API copper
tds meter
seneye (ammonia,PH,temp,

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 100 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back