How new is the DeskMate 9 Gallon Peninsula Aquarium? What is everyone's opinion on DeskMate tanks?

PSUolive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just saw this listed as a new product on the BRS website. Are these brand new or have they been out for a few months?
I did not see anyone with photos of them when I searched the forums.

These are more appealing to me because of the slightly larger size and layout but was hoping to see some photos of others who have them setup. But maybe they are too new for that right now.

1694011356191.png

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw this listed as a new product on the BRS website. Are these brand new or have they been out for a few months?

These are more appealing to me because of the slightly larger size and layout but was hoping to see some photos of others who have them setup. But maybe they are too new for that right now.

1694011356191.png
I am thinking of getting the smaller one that is 5 gallons. BRS has a deal that is $300 and it comes with everything.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_1311.png
    IMG_1311.png
    268.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1311.png
    IMG_1311.png
    268.1 KB · Views: 40

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1694011356191.png
The Peninsula is pretty new. @ESHOPPS.INC recently added this along with a Drop-Down version to the DeskMate lineup for a total of 3 tanks in the Deskmate lineup

1694013275028.png

the original Deskmate, which is now called the "Classic" has been out for at least a year - maybe a little longer.

Defiantly get one - they are a ton of fun

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1694011356191.png
I’ve always been a big fan of deskmate tanks, while I personally have never had one, there’s a lot of people on here who have desk mates. They are structurally sound and are nice little tanks to have if you don’t want to have something big. I’ve considered getting a small one myself just to have on my desk haha

ReefRacer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my 'classic' since September of last year and it has been a pleasure. I did replace the light with an OLD AI SOL that I had in a closet. BRS replaced my standard pump with a Sicce MICRA after it failed. The Florida looks like fun tank. Anybody have one of those?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back