How often do you check on your tank while at work? (And what do you use?)

How often do you check on your reef tank? (Apex, GHL, live stream, etc)

• Total voters

Starbuxxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you check on your reef tank? (Apex, GHL, live stream, etc)
I keep my apex tab up all day at work and check on it every hour or so. Mainly terrified of seeing another flood alert but also checking parameters from automated testing.

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Constantly. It's 10' from my desk :)

My view:
11-25-23.jpg

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never check my tank from work. If it can't make it the 10-11hrs from the time I leave to the time I get home I have bigger issues. The only time I stress out is with power outages. My red sea reefdose notifies me the second the power goes out and it losses connection to the internet, lets me know faster then my inkbird temp monitor will and that one can be hit/miss depending on if ive got the app running or not. Those days I may try to make it home a little quicker or at least ask the wife to unplug the skimmer so it won't overflow when the power comes back on. I only test 1-2times a week. Everything stays fairly stable in my system. Ive thought about setting up a Webcam in the past but realized the only thing I would use it for is to show off the tank when I'm not home lol.
20231121_151306.jpg

OP
OP
Starbuxxx

Starbuxxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never check my tank from work. If it can't make it the 10-11hrs from the time I leave to the time I get home I have bigger issues. The only time I stress out is with power outages. My red sea reefdose notifies me the second the power goes out and it losses connection to the internet, lets me know faster then my inkbird temp monitor will and that one can be hit/miss depending on if ive got the app running or not. Those days I may try to make it home a little quicker or at least ask the wife to unplug the skimmer so it won't overflow when the power comes back on. I only test 1-2times a week. Everything stays fairly stable in my system. Ive thought about setting up a Webcam in the past but realized the only thing I would use it for is to show off the tank when I'm not home lol.
20231121_151306.jpg
Not bad. I like the elegance over in the corner. I'm only a year in, parameters are pretty stable but after water changes, it takes a day or two for me to dial in my plumbing/return valves to where I like while avoiding flooding.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back