How to get kill this..

Martin H. Lawton

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
233
Reaction score
82
Location
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have what I believe xenia taking over my zoa frag... I wish I could build a miniature fire in my tank and burn it. but you know .. water. ;) So what can I do or use?
 
Need to see an image of said piece.

You're limited on your interventions secondary to preserving the zoanthids.
 
There are aptasia lasers out there that kill the pest anemone it will probably work for Xenia too
 
how_to_get_it_off.jpg

sorry .. XD
 
hmmm I would frag off the zoanthids, easy enough to do. Either keep the remaining Xenia frag or trade it.

You'll need frag plugs or rubble, superglue gel, eye protection, gloves and a sharp instrument such as scalpel or exacto knife. Google fragging Zoanthids and you'll find a ton of information.

The Xenia is already extremely invasive on the piece, in fact it looks like a frag of Xenia with Zoanthids.

Good luck
 
I've use tweezers to peel the Xenia off at the base from the rock or plug. Most times the Xenia has not grown back. GL
 
Thanks guys! I jut got 2 hopefully sucessful frags of the zoas I didn't want the xenia I already have 2 weeds I have to deal with.. -.-
 
One more solution - fluke tabs. BUT treatment must not be done in your display tank, because treatment affects clove polyps, xenia, anthelia, and similar. Also will kill lethar coral, gorgonia. Search R2R for "fluke tabs" to find out more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new