How to make alternating wave on Trident using tunze streams?

FishPersonFL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
544
Reaction score
165
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my APEX (I said trident before) programmed for my 2 streams. But the only way I know how to set up the streams is putting in a flow intensity for each time point I put in. I guess I can make that alternating flow. But I'd like to have many alternating flows. I'm thinking once every 30 seconds. The left one pushing water at one point, then off, and then the right. Back and Forth. And then having it different intensities through the day and night.
How do I do this?
I attached pic of where I put the stream intensities in the trident. I dont know any other place to put an actual program for the streams.
TIA

stream.jpg
 
Last edited:
Not sure if we are talking the same thing.
I send a reference out to my tunze turbelle from the apex.
There are 3 profiles, pf2 = off (feed mode), pf3=slow constant (night), and wave pf1= 5secs on 5 secs off.
The 3 profiles are then switched using the advanced programming:

Set PF3
If Time 09:00 to 17:00 Then PF1
If Output RetPump_2_3 = OFF Then PF2
 
I meant APEX,not trident.
Not sure if we are talking the same thing.
I send a reference out to my tunze turbelle from the apex.
There are 3 profiles, pf2 = off (feed mode), pf3=slow constant (night), and wave pf1= 5secs on 5 secs off.
The 3 profiles are then switched using the advanced programming:

Set PF3
If Time 09:00 to 17:00 Then PF1
If Output RetPump_2_3 = OFF Then PF2
Thank you for that.. I need to re-figure out how to do profiles.
But I dont think I was able to ever figure out how to attach a program like the
Set PF3
If Time 09:00 to 17:00 Then PF1
If Output RetPump_2_3 = OFF Then PF2. . I can only put time points and power for each time point (very time consuming compared to a program)
*How do I 'link' a program to the stream(s) outlet. It's just out outlet branched into two streams.
TIA
 
The variable 0 to 10 v is a programmable output you can assign the profiles to with advanced programming selection
 
The variable 0 to 10 v is a programmable output you can assign the profiles to with advanced programming selection
i see the programming section now. I dont know how I missed it. it's the gear which has a pull down menu for the 0-10 v outlet. in the uppper right of that window. I missed that b/c the advanced programming option for other controls such as my CO2 (in actual outlet 8) has the advanced option in a pull down menu in a main window (on left). Now I know where to put a program for the 0-10 of the streams, I can play with this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new