Hydroponic Reservoir for a frag tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stang67
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2019
Messages
13,705
Reaction score
61,232
Location
CLE
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They appear to be a bit shallow. Your frags would grow out of these? ;)

I do like the reflective white material vs a rubbermaid container.
 
I think those look like they would work pretty well. If you get the 40 gallon size or bigger, they are over 12" deep, which should work fine (the ZooMed low-boy tanks that a lot of people use for frag tanks are only 10" deep). The specs say they are UV resistant which should be bonus points given the lights we use.
 
They appear to be a bit shallow. Your frags would grow out of these? ;)

I do like the reflective white material vs a rubbermaid container.
I think it would be plenty deep enough as I have seen shallower frag tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new