I am devistated

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this :(

And the neighbor could be held libel if he failed to account for the drift in the chemicals. I used to work for Orkin and there are tons of safety steps that have to be taken to mitigate drift. But seeing as you are not in the US I guess none of that really matters.

I hope you can rebound with a new beautiful reef ;Sorry

Cnidoblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know what fumigant was used? If it was cyanide it will evaporate off - if it was sulfuryl fluoride (or phosgene) you will need to scrub every inch of that tank and hose it down with tap water

Here's hoping to a good restart!

phosgene.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oliver d

Oliver d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was some kind of Organophosphate based poison,but as this is the middle east most laws that apply in the US or Europe have no meaning here and the exterminators can use what ever they want with no precations.Yes there will be a new tank I just need to clean this one up properly.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any home owners insurance? They should help

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW...That is terrible..sooooo sorry!

Koi Obsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow , that really sucks .. I had an x girlfriend dump simple green in my tank because I was screwing her friend. I called the police and filed a claim against my home owners ins and they paid for replacement of all equipment but did not cover the live stock as u will need to replace e a lot of stuff to make it right. Check with your ins co and see then there is always small claims court as he caused you losses and he would be responsible for damages.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
99% of the recommendations people are leaving do not apply... OP is in the Middle East not US.

Sorry for your loss but I think your neighbors house has some faulty wiring... ;)

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, sorry to hear this!! That's crazy. The exterminator should not be able to spray whatever they feel like. What if there were kids or elderly people living in the house next door breathing in that stuf?
It could have been a lot worst. Thank God your family is not effected.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear bud Stay strong. During rebuild keep this experience in mind and try create some kind of filter to deal with it Incase it happens again.

Good luck.

Onelove.

Jenna Bearden

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! I'm so sorry! I hate to hear this. I hope you do decide to rebuild a totally new setup, since the current one's poisoned. I would be so heart broken if this happened to me. Good luck, keep us posted of you do decide to rebuild! Will be great thread on Setup!

rstrann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that . My neighbor came onto my property once and killed a hive of European honeybees, a day before I was scheduled to have them relocated to a honey farm. After I scolded him, we haven't spoken since. Had he killed one of my REEFS, he would've received a bit more than a tongue lashing lol.

ALbque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's supposed to give notice to all immediate neighbors when using poisonous insecticide. Sue Him for gross negligence!!! First approach him to see if he is willing to compensate you for your loss. If NOT, ...." SUE HIM IN COURT "

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back