KevyKevTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KevyKevTPA,

What size is your tank?

It's a 55. Big enough for now, maybe we'll get something bigger at some point who knows.

Thanks to you and all the other folks for such a warm welcome, dang friendly place y'all got going it seems.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
I live in Palm Harbor. I can give you a couple of zoa frags if you would like. I have Bloodsuckers and Daisy Cutters I can trim back.

You can also find some full rocks here occasionally:

1a-Welcome Aboard.gif

OP
OP
KevyKevTPA

KevyKevTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
I live in Palm Harbor. I can give you a couple of zoa frags if you would like. I have Bloodsuckers and Daisy Cutters I can trim back.

You can also find some full rocks here occasionally:

1a-Welcome Aboard.gif

Hi John from Palm Harbor-
We live just off 19 near 52nd. I am astonished and grateful that you would offer us free stuff, I guess people really are friendly here! Does the forum have PMs?

Kev

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 55. Big enough for now, maybe we'll get something bigger at some point who knows.

Thanks to you and all the other folks for such a warm welcome, dang friendly place y'all got going it seems.
55 is a nice size. Big enough for some serious aquascape and fish and small enough to manage easily. About 35 years ago I ran two acrylic 55s that were plumbed together to a 40 gallon breeder sump. It was a great setup, aggressive fish in one, peaceful fish in the other with common water.

I'm currently only running a 15 gallon and it is just a little small. If I didn't already have this I would go with somewhere between 40-60 gallons as kind of ideal for me. Your tank looks good already.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago, my wife surprised me by getting the parts we needed to get our old tank up and running again. I guess we started about 12 years ago, and had a tank up for about 5 years, including one move and one attempted move. Sadly, we broke some stuff on the attempted move and never got around to replacing it, and then I became disabled (long story) so it wasn't even close to being on our radar... but things have improved enough to put it back up.

Lots of changes in technology, we had a sump before, now we have an attached bio/chem filter that did a bang up job on the cycle, combined with live sand and a single aquacultured live rock that brought all our old dead rock back to life.

To prep for getting our first corals going (again), we just replaced our 12-year old T5 lights with some crazy bright (so bright I don't think we'll ever get close to 100%, even with SPS in the tank) from Viparspectra. I'm thinking the first move will be a small-medium rock covered in some crazy colored zoas and we'll go from there. As of now we've got a mated clown pair (with no anemone (yet), a small school of 4 pajama cardinals who are still trying to figure out the pecking order, and a six-line.

At any rate, here's a couple of pics to conclude my intro...

IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1774.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry for the move and glad you (and tank) have BBA - Bounce Back Ability!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Essentially, what you have above you can just copy into a new post over under Forum Member Aquariums (select size) and then link that post to your account.

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
KevyKevTPA

KevyKevTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered starting your build thread?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Strange your build thread badge hasn't yet shown up on your profile... I appreciate you made the time so I could go check out your tank - WOW are you doing AWESOME!

Usually badge appears within an hour of linking in your account. I found this info they gave me when I was new, in case it helps you:

Once you have created a build thread then you can get your VERY FIRST USER BADGE! YAY! It's easy to do and I have created a thread that tells you how to do it here: BUILD THREAD BADGE

OP
OP
KevyKevTPA

KevyKevTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange your build thread badge hasn't yet shown up on your profile... I appreciate you made the time so I could go check out your tank - WOW are you doing AWESOME!

Usually badge appears within an hour of linking in your account. I found this info they gave me when I was new, in case it helps you:

Once you have created a build thread then you can get your VERY FIRST USER BADGE! YAY! It's easy to do and I have created a thread that tells you how to do it here: BUILD THREAD BADGE

I didn't do the whole go to your profile and paste your link part, but I did now an got my very first ribbon! Thanks!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago, my wife surprised me by getting the parts we needed to get our old tank up and running again. I guess we started about 12 years ago, and had a tank up for about 5 years, including one move and one attempted move. Sadly, we broke some stuff on the attempted move and never got around to replacing it, and then I became disabled (long story) so it wasn't even close to being on our radar... but things have improved enough to put it back up.

Lots of changes in technology, we had a sump before, now we have an attached bio/chem filter that did a bang up job on the cycle, combined with live sand and a single aquacultured live rock that brought all our old dead rock back to life.

To prep for getting our first corals going (again), we just replaced our 12-year old T5 lights with some crazy bright (so bright I don't think we'll ever get close to 100%, even with SPS in the tank) from Viparspectra. I'm thinking the first move will be a small-medium rock covered in some crazy colored zoas and we'll go from there. As of now we've got a mated clown pair (with no anemone (yet), a small school of 4 pajama cardinals who are still trying to figure out the pecking order, and a six-line.

At any rate, here's a couple of pics to conclude my intro...

IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1774.jpg
Welcome to Da Reef!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back