I HATE the USPS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Face it. Lost in transit. Start the process.

I will probably contact Reefbreeders this week. Still thinking they may show up. My wife ordered something from Bath & Body Works and they shipped it USPS and it took 3 weeks to get to us. The shipment came from another suburb of Dallas, so probably not 30 miles from our house.

borillion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USPS Tracking?

I watched a package journey from Florida (Dec 10) to the San Diego Hub (Dec 12) and then to my local USPS facility in Oceanside (Dec12). I looked today (Dec 13) and it went back to the San Diego Hub, from where it now has "Departed USPS Facility" 3 Times.

If this was a novel experience I would be worried but this kind of tracking report from USPS website is routine. I purposely ordered many-many extra gifts on-line in the last few weeks just to contribute to the situation. I figure that Christmas in isolation needs some drama and USPS has come through for us, right?

Post Office Letter GIF by INTO ACTION
parks and recreation mail GIF

Find your local postmasters email and message them. Problems get solved really quick all the sudden.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this was a weird one. I ordered something from a vendor and I got an email with a tracking number letting me know that the package had shipped last Friday. However, every time I checked the tracking number it just said that the label had been created, but was in pre-shipment status and that the USPS had not received the package yet.

I spoke with the vendor twice who insisted that it had been mailed, but the tracking info still showed pre-shipment status. It was just delivered today. I just checked the tracking number again and the first scan that shows up is at my local post office early this morning. But it was shipped from halfway across the country. There are no scans at all from it’s progress across multiple states.

The entire tracking history is:

12/18: Label created
12/26: Arrived at Post Office
12/26: Out for delivery
12/25: Delivered

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have a package that shipped from tulsa on dec 9th. It sat there until the 22nd and i asked the seller to out a tracer on it. lo and behold the next day it moved to oxford ms. and now it appears to be stuck there and not moving again. this was a 2 day priority shipment lol.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Face it. Lost in transit. Start the process.

Well, the package showed up today. I had emailed Reefbreeders and he said he had talked to someone at the post office and he said most larger locations were over a month behind. At least the package was in perfect shape unlike some of my UPS boxes.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the package showed up today. I had emailed Reefbreeders and he said he had talked to someone at the post office and he said most larger locations were over a month behind. At least the package was in perfect shape unlike some of my UPS boxes.
May wonders never cease! I'm glad it finally arrived. I think I have one doing the same in UPS system. Tracking suddenly stopped a couple days ago. Getting stuff these days is a challenge!

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have started putting notes on my orders not to ship USPS. Recently, I placed and order with Marine Depot and paid the extra $2.99 shipping upgrade. They shipped it USPS and it took 10 days to get here from The ATL warehouse about 120 miles away from where I live. Fast forward to yesterday.. placed an order with them with the note not to ship USPS. My order is out for delivery today on the brown truck. Go figure....

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This not a sole USPS problem! I ordered fish which got shipped UPS today. I live on the outskirts of two major hubs. Not in an unpopulated area mind you. Next day air here can arrive as late as 9PM. So I always redirect to a UPS store about 15 miles away to get it around 10AM. Which I did on this shipment. I was at the store at 10:30 when the UPS truck delivered. No package! Apparently it didn't get redirected and is going to my house according to follow my delivery.
Another package of dry goods has apparently lost all tracking info as of a few days ago.
So..... I spend a half a day not working and chasing a package around because these companies can't come through with what we as the consumer pay for!

Amazon has singlehandedly caused a crisis in the shipping industry and none of these shippers had the foresight to see this coming. And none of them know how to fix it. All those Amazon packages get there in the two day prime requirement. Cause Jeff Bezos has all these shippers by the b***s!

All of us in the reefing community can and should be able to do something about this.
If you count next day air shipping we probably spend the same or more than Amazon does in shipping.

We have a limited amount of places to get our needs for our hobby. LFS's aren't going to stock what we need. They can't keep a bunch of expensive products on the shelf and they cant match price with the Big Boys.
Instead of being so dang happy to finally see what we ordered show up at the door whenever it feels like getting here? I say we start disputing things on the credit card we used to purchase these items. Hit these shippers where it counts, the bottom line. Even if we don't get the refund we'll put so much pressure on front offices to prove they did right that they'll be forced to change. If we have to dispute it through where we bought it? Then those companies will demand better from the shippers. I'm going to start doing that!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back