OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks naiad, I will take whatever I can get. I hope I can get a bobbit someday :)

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to figure out the best way to get things to leave rocks

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it will kill em but I know pourig peroxide on it will force them out.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea finding it hard to figure out its hard to find out if these will kill what is in the rock.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
consider a fresh water dip. also Lionfishlair Rene had a convo, she recommended this.

"When I dip, I use a hypersaline solution. Everything bails to the bucket and you can choose who you want to keep. I used a 1.045 solution. Some stuff came out that I just threw right back in."

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
consider a fresh water dip. also Lionfishlair Rene had a convo, she recommended this.

"When I dip, I use a hypersaline solution. Everything bails to the bucket and you can choose who you want to keep. I used a 1.045 solution. Some stuff came out that I just threw right back in."
Does this method harm the bacteria or critters on the rock? I suspect from my sister's description that I have a bobbit/eunice in my tank and I want to try and get it out without killing it or anything else. Are there any other tried and true ways of removing worms without killing everything?

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is redundant. But if you get it out and don't want it give me a shout

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this method harm the bacteria or critters on the rock? I suspect from my sister's description that I have a bobbit/eunice in my tank and I want to try and get it out without killing it or anything else. Are there any other tried and true ways of removing worms without killing everything?
fwiw you can freshwater dip rock and sand without killing the bacteria. peroxide water too. some organisms in a FW dip dont do well. some do IME .
That hypersaline dip method was given to me by our local hitchiker expert.
no I have not tried it yet.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll probably try the freshwater dip first. How long should I let the rock sit in the bucket? Should I use water filtered through my rodi or can I use faucet water? (I have well water)

I know this is redundant. But if you get it out and don't want it give me a shout
I will definitely give you a shout out if I get it out. I was actually secretly hoping I would have one of these guys in my rock because although I don't want it as a permanent resident I think it's still pretty stinking awesome to come across one. I don't actually know if what I have is a bobbit or not, I haven't seen it yet, but my sister perfectly described a bobbit when she saw it several days ago. I even stayed awake until 12:00 last night to try and spot it, still nothing.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on one. Good luck with getting it out
I'll probably try the freshwater dip first. How long should I let the rock sit in the bucket? Should I use water filtered through my rodi or can I use faucet water? (I have well water)

I will definitely give you a shout out if I get it out. I was actually secretly hoping I would have one of these guys in my rock because although I don't want it as a permanent resident I think it's still pretty stinking awesome to come across one. I don't actually know if what I have is a bobbit or not, I haven't seen it yet, but my sister perfectly described a bobbit when she saw it several days ago. I even stayed awake until 12:00 last night to try and spot it, still nothing.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so this morning I found what looks to be a bobbit. In my filter sock. It has five antennae things like a bobbit (bristle worms only have four right?) but it's barely 2in long. I have to admit, I am kind of disappointed in my tank for offering up such a tiny specimen. I was hoping for at least 5 inches of worm! Maybe I should toss it back in and let it grow some?
image.jpeg image.jpeg He is kinda cool though, in a creepy sort of way.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should send him to me. Oh please if you do anything with getting rid of him send him to me
Ok, so this morning I found what looks to be a bobbit. In my filter sock. It has five antennae things like a bobbit (bristle worms only have four right?) but it's barely 2in long. I have to admit, I am kind of disappointed in my tank for offering up such a tiny specimen. I was hoping for at least 5 inches of worm! Maybe I should toss it back in and let it grow some?
image.jpeg image.jpeg He is kinda cool though, in a creepy sort of way.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mini eunice! This would be a good start for Wiz to try and learn about different species!

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should send him to me. Oh please if you do anything with getting rid of him send him to me
Wow didn't know you would be so excited over such a tiny guy! I don't plan on keeping it and would be more than happy to send him your way, although I have never in my life shipped anything live and I'd be paranoid that he wouldn't survive the trip.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back