I went to buy a beta tank and came home with this... New guy here !

BiKes100g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone ! I've actually been dreaming of a Reef tank for 20 years and finally my 6 year old convinced me to get her a fish tank. I was looking at something around a 50 gallon AIO but the more I read the more I wanted a sump so we decided to take decent little trip to a store front instead of buying online just so I could see what they had. I ended up buying a 100.3 Waterbox. 2 Radion XR15's - 2 mp10s - Icecap ato - Ecotech Vectra M2 - Reef Octopus 152s - 60 lbs of Dry rock - live sand and a RODI system. Going to set up the RODI tomorrow and get it making water. I bought all of this and forgot a few things of course … Salt , refractometer , and test kits. Once I unbox everything and plumb everything I will take some pictures. Right now my only plans for stock are a pair of fancy clowns. I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Last edited:

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new addiction and welcome to R2R! You’re in good company here, can’t wait to see the tank up and running. You definitely started right in the hobby!
giphy.gif

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap! Congrats on the new tank! Sounds like you got some pretty spiffy equipment and I’d love to see what happens with it. For a 100.3 a tang might be cute, and I’m sure your daughter would love one of the dwarf angels. Since you have sand, a goby/shrimp pair would be very neat to watch (this alone has almost made me want to add sand...) keep us posted, and welcome to R2R!!

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone ! I've actually been dreaming of a Reef tank for 20 years and finally my 6 year old convinced me to get her a fish tank. I was looking at something around a 50 gallon AIO but the more I read the more I wanted a sump so we decided to take decent little trip to a store front instead of buying online just so I could see what they had. I ended up buying a 100.3 Waterbox. 2 Radion XR15's - 2 mp10s - Icecap ato - Ecotech Vectra M2 - Reef Octopus 152s - 60 lbs of Dry rock - live sand and a RODI system. Going to set up the RODI tomorrow and get it making water. I bought all of this and forgot a few things of course … Salt , refractometer , and test kits. Once I unbox everything and plumb everything I will take some pictures. Right now my only plans for stock are a pair of fancy clowns. I'm open to any and all suggestions!
Welcome to reef2reef!!! I want a waterbox!!! Lol

OP
OP
BiKes100g

BiKes100g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Do you plan on using live bacteria to help you cycle it?

received_244003776723671.gif
I was thinking about it. I haven't decided how I want to approach it yet. I've read different guides coming from different views on doing it with or with out. Like I said though if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears right now.

Reefer of Oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo Bikes, Welcome!
As a new member without a running tank, my suggestions are moot. I will congratulate you on what sounds like a splendid tank you are looking to have. And say that your daughter is fortunate to share this experience with you. Keep asking questions, and you will get plenty of good info from this crew.
Keep reefing hard yo!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Welcome to R2R!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back